O.J. Simpson.
Feb 19, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #91 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by JzzMaTzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thank you all for a very engaging conversation. My goal was not to change your minds but, to at least get you to question yourselves as to why Americans feel the way they do about OJ. Is it because he committed murder and got away with it? Does race play a factor? Is it a resentment of the rich? Deep in our hearts I think we all know why. I beg you all to have the same conviction that you have shown all these years for Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman towards all those who have been killed senselessly and without justice wether they may be Black, White, Asian, Latino, male or female, rich or poor, gay or straight.

Please kiss your spouse and children and tell them that you love them, I know I have.

God Bless and g'nite

Do I get compensation for my participation in this scientific experiment?
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #92 of 94
Quote:

Please kiss your spouse and children and tell them that you love them, I know I have.

When did you kiss my wife & kids
redface.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #93 of 94
Quote:

I thank you all for a very engaging conversation. My goal was not to change your minds but, to at least get you to question yourselves as to why Americans feel the way they do about OJ. Is it because he committed murder and got away with it? Does race play a factor? Is it a resentment of the rich? Deep in our hearts I think we all know why. I beg you all to have the same conviction that you have shown all these years for Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman towards all those who have been killed senselessly and without justice wether they may be Black, White, Asian, Latino, male or female, rich or poor, gay or straight.

God Bless and g'nite

Why do we "HAVE" to show the same conviction, for those who have been killed??? As rude as that sounds, sadly, if your a powerful person, you get powerful comments and powerful results from the outside, looking in. Not to mention, BLAME the media for giving it to us, as it feeds the hate or love.

Life isn't fair.
Who gets front page of the sports section on the New York Times, The Yankees or the minor league team from Queens?? Is it wrong that we give one team more love/or hate?? No, because they worked their azz off to get there. It wasn't the fact he was black o white, it was the fact he played a great part in the Naked Gun series, or ran for 1000 yards in the NFL
icon10.gif

Thats why more love or hate, was shed on the OJ Simpson trial, then if this same case, took place in Montana, in a trailer park. And I don't feel guilty for caring less or more then I should of.

If you have an interesting story, its news worthy, no matter how horrible or great it is. And thats not the "average joe's" fault, thats the mass media's fault for feeding us junk on a nightly basis.

Do you blame your kids that they ate a bag of chips, a pop and a 10 slices of pizza, when you give it to them for dinner? No, yourself is to blame, for feeding them that, v.s something healthy (like real news would be) but when its hard to get real news on a nightly basis, its hard to not continue to bitch or talk about it.

Feb 19, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #94 of 94
Seems like everyone feel for the con job and got sucked into a discussion about race and the politics of the American legal system. The reason that this thread was allowed to begin with is that it was a topical new story at the time. It no longer serves that or any other legitimate purpose and is hereby found guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, of being in violation of Head-Fi's Rules and Terms of Use. There is no question about it: a death sentence is clearly in order. Justice has finally been served! May you rot in hell, O.J. Simpson thread!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back