NZ Headphone Meet - Listen to the HE1 Orpheus on 06/03/18!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #63 of 76
Very Interested LCD2C. I will compare it to my Aeon Open.

Balanced cable???

Mar 1, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #65 of 76
Excellent, those two Audeze headphones happen to be the ones I'm most interested in at the moment. So I'm glad we have the opportunity to demo them.

I've decided that I can be bothered lugging my turntable to the event (a Rega Planar 3, so nothing too special). It'll be set up with my HD800s and ECP Torpedo. Anyone is welcome to bring and spin their own records provided that they are clean. As for me I'll be bringing the universal demo record - the one that whenever I try to take it off, someone asks to put it back on:

5d2966f4.jpg

And maybe a few others....

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #66 of 76
I'll be bringing a laptop with Winamp to use as a source for the WA7. If anyone wants to bring some high-res files on a USB stick to listen to, they'd be welcome.

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #67 of 76
Sorry. I must put in my apology for tonight. I won't be able to attend.
Work has been rubbish of late and I just can't get it together for tonight's HP meet. Sorry.

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #68 of 76
Excellent, those two Audeze headphones happen to be the ones I'm most interested in at the moment. So I'm glad we have the opportunity to demo them.

I've decided that I can be bothered lugging my turntable to the event (a Rega Planar 3, so nothing too special). It'll be set up with my HD800s and ECP Torpedo. Anyone is welcome to bring and spin their own records provided that they are clean. As for me I'll be bringing the universal demo record - the one that whenever I try to take it off, someone asks to put it back on:

5d2966f4.jpg

And maybe a few others....

Are you still bringing your Hifiman HE1000s? One of our team is dying to listen to a pair!

I'll be bringing a laptop with Winamp to use as a source for the WA7. If anyone wants to bring some high-res files on a USB stick to listen to, they'd be welcome.

Good idea, thanks Rob :)

Work has been rubbish of late and I just can't get it together for tonight's HP meet. Sorry.

That's a shame, it is shaping up to be a pretty good meet.

// Alex

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #69 of 76
Are you still bringing your Hifiman HE1000s? One of our team is dying to listen to a pair!

// Alex

+1. HE-1000 is top of my want-to-hear list.

Alex, I see the open-box pair of Sennheiser PXC-550 headphones disappeared off your site pretty quickly. I got a pair from you earlier this year, one of my friends who has heard them was going to buy that open box pair. Will have a chat tonight!

Mar 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #70 of 76
Mar 5, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #71 of 76

That's really unfortunate, sorry to hear. I was quite interested in the Aeon Open as well.

Yes. I intend on bringing NAD M51 > Schiit Mjolnir 1 > HE1000 and Turntable/Pre > ECP Torpedo > HD800.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #72 of 76
Hi, I am finally able to reply and send a message to say thanks to all the fellow sound enthusiasts and crew at Computer Lounge for Hosting. Head-fi while a great resource for me for years has quite extreme user controls due to spam as I am sure you all know. Probably one of the very worst user experiences I have ever had so that should hopefully deter the nefarious. And as they say good things come to those who wait so lets hope that comes true. If wanted I can give some background in to how I got here... let me know :)

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #73 of 76
God damn it Alex, the Beyer's have changed everything. My LCD-3 is sitting unused, while the DT-990 is playing non-stop. Everything I thought I knew is a lie.

Mar 10, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #74 of 76
Hi, I am finally able to reply and send a message to say thanks to all the fellow sound enthusiasts and crew at Computer Lounge for Hosting. Head-fi while a great resource for me for years has quite extreme user controls due to spam as I am sure you all know. Probably one of the very worst user experiences I have ever had so that should hopefully deter the nefarious. And as they say good things come to those who wait so lets hope that comes true. If wanted I can give some background in to how I got here... let me know :)

Glad to hear that you finally made Matt. Make sure to follow our activity on Head-Fi. This forum will be the first place I post if we do any exclusive demo sessions of new product etc.

God damn it Alex, the Beyer's have changed everything. My LCD-3 is sitting unused, while the DT-990 is playing non-stop. Everything I thought I knew is a lie.

Wow! I wouldn't have expected that drastic of an effect! I mean, I love the DT990s, but I wouldn't have compared them with the legendary LCD-3.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying them Rob :dt880smile:

// Alex

Mar 10, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #75 of 76
I spent so much time listening to the Beyer's that I had become accustomed to their scooped sound, and going back to the relatively flat LCD-3 all of a sudden made them sound lifeless. Not to fear, a few quality hours with the LCD-3 reminded me of how much I love them.

It did give me scare, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back