NYC Traditonal November Meet Saturday Nov. 12th
Oct 26, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #166 of 549
By the way, I'm mighty interested in this DAC-o-fest. I'c gladly donate my API AC conditioner (it's got 5 power sockets, but we could hook up a power strip to it for more) and I'll definately throw in my two little digital distribution amps, one optical and one coax; they each have four outputs. I can't tip in a cd player, but if somebody has one with both optical and coax outs we've have 8 digital outs from one player. I think I'll have more than one big amp, so I might be able to put a New Maxed Balanced Home in there, too.

Oct 26, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #168 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Thanks...French wine-sounding name guy. Strips are necessary for everyone's setup, but did I mention that we will be needing extension cords, so we don't just sit around looking at the equipment?

I'll either find a couple of heavy duty outdoor extension cords in my closet, or make a stop at Home Depot (need to get some cable cuffs anyway).

Wish I could afford to bring some Romanee to share … maybe when win a Mega Millions jackpot.....

Oct 26, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #169 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
DAC-o-fest. LOL.
I think I counted 9 different DAC's on the gear list (there were some duplicates, so the total number of DAC's is close to 20, I think). Surprisingly, I didn't see a Bel Canto DAC 2 on the list.

Good point! Who can step up and bring a Bel Canto DAC 2? A Stello D200 would be fun too... just to hear if it's any good.

Saaaaayyyyyy.... Do the illustrious Stereophile guys have any interesting gear they can schlep along … that maybe they'd like to get a survey on from a group of discriminating ears?

Oct 26, 2005 at 3:19 AM Post #170 of 549
Oh boy! This meet will be the first time I've heard my modded DAC-AH! I'd hate to get it and listen to it get blown away right away hehe! But I'm a trooper! Because I know when I get home it will demolish my analog 0404 output!

Oct 26, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #171 of 549
Quote:

Thanks...French wine-sounding name guy.

That's Mr. French wine-sounding name guy, to you.

Oct 26, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #173 of 549
I've got 1 or 2 heavy extension cords, also.

Oct 26, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #174 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
That's Mr. French wine-sounding name guy, to you.

Ahhhh, thanks for the support. I'll stay down to earth (with the terroir(s)). If I want the "Mr.", I'll have to get a new hi-falutin head-fi handle: "Mr. Romanée-Conti" (yummmmm)
tongue.gif

BTW - where is Domain Erikzen located?
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2005 at 1:33 PM Post #177 of 549
Based on the extremely geeky nature this thread has taken, I can no longer attend this meet
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

/joke

Oct 26, 2005 at 2:11 PM Post #178 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Based on the extremely geeky nature this thread has taken, I can no longer attend this meet
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

/joke

Come on. Stop pretending you're cool. You're just as geeky as the rest of us.

Or is it that you don't think your geekdom can compete? You are afraid my dragon geekness will defeat your tiger geekness! I am the Ninja Geek!!!

Oct 26, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #179 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Good point! Who can step up and bring a Bel Canto DAC 2? A Stello D200 would be fun too... just to hear if it's any good.

If my friend comes along, he maybe able to bring his!
rs1smile.gif

Trogdor

Oct 27, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #180 of 549
Quote:

Thanks...French wine-sounding name guy. Strips are necessary for everyone's setup, but did I mention that we will be needing extension cords, so we don't just sit around looking at the equipment?

I like to LOOK at equpment, do you guys actually listen?
A scotch tasting and headphone meet....WOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back