NYC Traditonal November Meet Saturday Nov. 12th
Oct 28, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #196 of 549
If we don't limit it to Scotch and just say it's got to cost over $40 bucks a bottle, we probaly don't need to worry about duplications and we could leave it at that.

Oct 28, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #197 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I learned from the best
wink.gif

--------------------------------

If we do want to do this, and do want to start a separate thread, then I think we need a code word for scotch, so the thread doesn't get closed down.

How about Hyabusa? Everyone brings 1 Hyabusa with different upgrades. We could have the McClellan Hyabusa, and the Isle of Jura Hyabusa. No one would ever catch on.
tongue.gif

Code word for Scotch?
I got it!
Beer!

Oct 28, 2005 at 1:41 AM Post #198 of 549
Code word for Scotch.

How about Ganja?

or maybe Horse?

Picture Lloyd Bridges hanging upside down after sniffing glue.

Oct 28, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #199 of 549
Quote:

Maybe if we PM SiBurning, he can make a separate addition to his gear list, so we don't have to start a new thread that might offend others.

I'll take all the Hyabusa you can PM.

Oct 28, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #200 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
If we don't limit it to Scotch and just say it's got to cost over $40 bucks a bottle, we probaly don't need to worry about duplications and we could leave it at that.

If it's mixed drinks, maybe we'd better do this somewhere we won't feel bad about making a mess.

Oct 28, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #201 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiBurning
If it's mixed drinks, maybe we'd better do this somewhere we won't feel bad about making a mess.

Personally, I'd rather drink all the good stuff straight up and have plenty of water around. There's bound to be some pretty good bottles show up, though you might want to add a bit of water to some of those barrel-strngth Bourbons.

Oct 28, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #202 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
Personally, I'd rather drink all the good stuff straight up and have plenty of water around. There's bound to be some pretty good bottles show up, though you might want to add a bit of water to some of those barrel-strngth Bourbons.

By mixed drinks I meant more like one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer. Mixing different kinds of alcohol isn't good for my stomach.

Oct 28, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #203 of 549
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
Take them, 50 will be enough. i'll give $1
tongue.gif

Will you require a receipt for that dollar, and does that include tax?

Oct 28, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #204 of 549
Quote:

Will you require a receipt for that dollar, and does that include tax?

yes i'd like a receipt please. and this is after the tax.
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2005 at 2:26 PM Post #207 of 549
LOL... you guys kill me!
i'm not too much of a Scotch drinker, but i wouldn't say no to a few drinks afterwards the meet. i'll pay a (small) entrance fee.
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2005 at 2:49 PM Post #208 of 549
Quote:

How's about we form a group of 15 people who are serious about the Scotch-fest. We designate each person to bring 1 bottle of a particular brand.
We can have a tasting session in my tiny apartment (5 minutes from the meet), but cigars, are out of the question (wife's rules...along with the turntable gears {which mine don't have any, except in the sealed VPI motor assy}.)
I have a beautiful park across the street from my house, but it will be dark by 5 o'clock, if we change the clocks back. So we can use the park for an hour, and then move it inside, but no more than 15, and not enough drinking to make anyone drivng impaired. Brownies can and will be used against you.

Disclaimer:
There will not be any door prizes given out, and you must raise the seat before peeing. Farting is unacceptable, except in an emergency situation only. You must sign a waiver, absolving the owner of the apartment of any accident or insurance liabilities, and the use of banners and tazers/stun guns
eek.gif
are forbidden. It will be a carry in/carry out situation, like State Parks, with the exception of all 15 bottles of Scotch, which, for the safety of my guests, must be left on my premises (just kidding), for future partaking by the owner of the apartment. OK? Good.
cool.gif

Ahhh! A sipping soirée … or is is sortie?

I'm down for that (or is it up for that … uh-oh … scratch that) -- I mean, I'm in. Hard to decide what to bring … so many drams / so little time. [ Sorry … can't afford MacCallan 18 this year.
plainface.gif
]

Ground Rules Noted, Sir! {see reply to Jahn's "experiment"}

Oct 28, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #209 of 549
Quote:

receipt.jpg

lol, the funny thing is that i didnt pay yet...
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2005 at 7:33 PM Post #210 of 549
I will get it notarized once I receive payment, otherwise the receipt is null and void.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back