NYC Sony Style meet? (to checkout qualia 010)
Aug 31, 2004 at 7:51 AM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
hmm i bet they are the same as the ones on the MD player.

they are the same. hopefully you guys can use your own amp and source but I'll be up for any impressions that can be given. I figure there will be plenty of time to listen to the buds while people wait for their turn with the 010.

I really wish I lived on the east coast near NYC. have a great time at the QUALIA store.
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2004 at 7:59 AM Post #32 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
do you think it would be a problem me bringing in a camcorder just to use the LCD screen on it for my Toshiba menu display? "i swear Sony, the lenscap will stay on!"

You need the menu display to configure what? Just bring the camcorder
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:00 AM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Romanee, they won't let you take pics inside. I've tried.

bozebuttons, you have a K1000 that goes into 1/4" jack? Mine terminates into raw speaker ends. I can bring my K1000s.

The krell has Speaker binding posts(It is a 5 watt amp) on the back as well as 2 1/4 in jacks in front. I have a 1/4 jack cable for the K1000s.
The only problem is you will not be able to use the K1000s and other headphones at the same time as the Krells volume needs to be turned up all the way to drive the K1000s,it will blow out the other headphones.
The K1000s actually sound pretty good out of the Krell and does have adequate volume.

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #34 of 56
Update - looks like the Solo isn't going to make it to the meet- right now, it may be stranded on an island over the Atlantic for all I know. But the Toshiba source will still be there, the MS-2, and so will the intrepid lil cmoy lol.

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #35 of 56
Does the Krell drive the K1000 ok from the 1/4" jack. For true comparisions sake, coming out the same jack/path is better. But yeah we'd have to watch out with the volume with other headphones. bozebuttons, if you can bring the 1/4" cable for K1000 that would be super.

Jahn, you have a 1/4 to 1/8" adaptor? I'd like to try K1000 on superdual. Hirsch says supermini drives K1000.
confused.gif
GOtta hear it to believe it.
biggrin.gif
I will bring the superdual. Shouldn't be too hard to pack
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 11:30 PM Post #36 of 56
Yes the Krell can drive the K1000s from the 1/4 in jack ,I will bring the cable
it is a equinox cable I made up from a 590 cable & has a mini plug and a 1/4 inch adapter , So it can be used either 1/8 or 1/4 inch plug.

Sep 2, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #37 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Does the Krell drive the K1000 ok from the 1/4" jack. For true comparisions sake, coming out the same jack/path is better. But yeah we'd have to watch out with the volume with other headphones. bozebuttons, if you can bring the 1/4" cable for K1000 that would be super.

Jahn, you have a 1/4 to 1/8" adaptor? I'd like to try K1000 on superdual. Hirsch says supermini drives K1000.
confused.gif
GOtta hear it to believe it.
biggrin.gif
I will bring the superdual. Shouldn't be too hard to pack
tongue.gif
wink.gif

sure do, got a grado 1/4 to 1/8 right here - i'll make sure to bring it!

Some of the reference CDs I'm bringing are the following redbooks -

MTV:The Unplugged Collection. Don't laugh - they have SRV on here wailing on a 12-string doing pride and joy. Incredible.

10,000 Maniacs - In my Tribe. Oldy but goody.

Santana - Supernatural. That Everlast duet is crazy fidelity.

And for a change of pace, the Pet Shop Boys - Introspective, and some Pizzicato Five.

I'll root around, but other than the Ipod that's what I have so far that has sounded just incredible on this Toshiba.

Sep 2, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #38 of 56
Excellent.

Jahn, do you know what level of mods your Toshiba has? I'll bring my 1 ft power cord for it but do you have IEC320 plug (the 3 prong) on it or is it the figure 8 mini one on most cheaper DVD players? Tell me it's removable.... The mods on this thing brings it to like what level supposedly? I havn't been following the Toshiba mod threads.

Sep 2, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #39 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Excellent.

Jahn, do you know what level of mods your Toshiba has? I'll bring my 1 ft power cord for it but do you have IEC320 plug (the 3 prong) on it or is it the figure 8 mini one on most cheaper DVD players? Tell me it's removable.... The mods on this thing brings it to like what level supposedly? I havn't been following the Toshiba mod threads.

hmm it still has stock cord on it - it's not unpluggable from the back, and the prong is a 2-prong deal. voodoo doesn't believe in the power cord voodoo apparently lol. but it has the rosso and swenson mods plus he exchanged tons of caps and a heatsink and a ceramic fuse etc etc in it - i'll print out the thread that talks about the mods and bring it with me. he said that it beat the NAD that he owns, and raasavedra's (who made a similar modded one) actually was the equal of the Meridian at the FLA meet - check the impressions thread, no joke.

Sep 3, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #40 of 56
Just wanna confirm this is still on for Sunday?

If so, I will be there. Who else?

Also, whats the address with a cross street?

Sep 3, 2004 at 6:55 PM Post #41 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Just wanna confirm this is still on for Sunday?

If so, I will be there. Who else?

Also, whats the address with a cross street?

me be there. I'll bring "Tigerlily" as a reference CD too. Carnival is a nice track.

Sony Plaza
550 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
212-833-8800

55th and Mad. See you there!

Sep 3, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #42 of 56
I'll be there with AKG K271 and maybe a couple of SACDs: "Waltz For Debby", Bill Evans Live at the Village Guard. I wanted to bring "Cantate Domino" SACD, but couldn't find one locally, yet.

Sep 3, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #44 of 56
The meet is still on like Donkey Kong. jpelg, you are bringing anything?

Sony Qualia Concierge # is 212-833-7333 we will be working with a Josh Kim.

Looks like it's just going to be 5 of us which is ok since this place is small.

bozebuttons (R10, Krell amp, Philips SACD1000, K1000 1/4" TRS cable)
Jahn (Toshiba player, 1/4 to 1/8th adaptor, iPod, video camera)
lan (AKG K1000, superdual) I may bring my Stealth in carryon luggage bag but I don't have any good tubes for the headphone jack and then there's the tube warm up time issue.
Romanee (AKG 271)
jpelg

Jahn, if you are going to bring your DVD player and video camera, how about let's bring some movies also? Might as well try the headphones out with a movie or two.

This way we'd have movies, music, and portable covered.

Sep 4, 2004 at 12:19 AM Post #45 of 56
I will be there at 11:00 am ,I will be driving in so if someone can meet me at the store so I can unload the gear first then park the car that would be great.Anyone know the parking situation near the store?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back