NYC Sony Style meet? (to checkout qualia 010)
Aug 26, 2004 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

lan

Videographus Supremus:Makes audio cables using super-advanced materials, like "some clear tape" and "some not so clear tape."
I called the Qualia number and I spoke to a person whom I'm not sure what their role was but they were not in sales. A person is supposed to call me back to setup a date and time but obviously I can't say when unless WE figure that out first.

We will get a 1 hour block of time. They have 3 of the 010s and only 1 source. (their top end SACD player the 9000ES). I'm not sure if we'll be able to hook up any amps to their source so we'd be limited to using the 010s on their SACD system's headphone jack and somebody's portable system.

We could use a few different headphones just to compare. It would be nice to have R10s, CD3000, HD650, RS1s, etc. A 1/4" to mini adaptor would be good to try it out on a portable would be good also.

I need to get a body count also to tell them.

Sept 5th (sunday) I have reserved 12pm to 2pm.

Aug 26, 2004 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 56
I have none of the above except a grado 1/4 to mini adapter - which I shall proudly enter the Qualia room with! I have a feeling someone is going to bring a better portable source than my ipod, and I think the qualia cans would have a fit if they were forced to be plugged into such a source. Just pick any Saturday or Sunday after lunch and I can make it.

Aug 26, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #3 of 56
I'm in! Just give me some reasonable advance notice. Sounds cool.

Aug 26, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 56
It would indeed have to be on some weekend because nobody can make weekdays.

Just bring whatever you got
wink.gif
The iPod is a reference people maybe familiar with.

Aug 26, 2004 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 56
How's Sept. 5 looks good for a few of us.

Aug 26, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #6 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
How's Sept. 4 or 5th?

Sept 5th sounds good, maybe right before dinner. Then we can grab some chow in that Midtown Hooters - I read in General Discussion that the wings there are quite tasty
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 56
I've been to that midtown hOOters. we should get the girl to sign the shirt and stuff.
biggrin.gif
do you think we can get them to model some of our headphones?

Aug 26, 2004 at 11:52 PM Post #8 of 56
I can do the 5th and can bring the R10s, If you can convince them to let us bring an amp I will bring the Krell which has 2 heaphone jacks, which also can drive the K1000s. I can bring a Stan warren modified SACD1000 as well.

Aug 27, 2004 at 12:17 AM Post #10 of 56
I wish I were in NYC.
frown.gif

be sure to take a lot of pictures for those of us far away from a QUALIA store.

maybe a few of you guys should call in and make back to back appointment times so you can get a really good feel for the cans. an hour may not be enough.

Aug 27, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #11 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
I've been to that midtown hOOters. we should get the girl to sign the shirt and stuff.
biggrin.gif
do you think we can get them to model some of our headphones?

Hooter girl in grados. The first headfier to say "nice cans" gets the Obvious award.

Aug 27, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #12 of 56
I am cool with Sept 5th (a Sunday) also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
maybe a few of you guys should call in and make back to back appointment times so you can get a really good feel for the cans. an hour may not be enough.

That's a good idea. Let's see the 5th is a Sunday and their hours are 12pm to 6pm. How about 12pm? The earlier the better?

Who's willing to make the next hour(s) appointment? We'll be taking turns checking out the headphones. For those waiting, we can have our own mini meet on their sofas.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
If you can convince them to let us bring an amp I will bring the Krell which has 2 heaphone jacks, which also can drive the K1000s. I can bring a Stan warren modified SACD1000 as well.

I'm not sure about bring an amp and another source thing yet. Maybe you want to call about that?

Aug 28, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #13 of 56
12pm is fine with me,I have been extremely busy at work and will be for the upcoming week ,If someone else could setup the next hour and ask about bringing in a amp & source that would be great ,I doubt I would have time to do it Myself.

Aug 28, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #14 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan

I'm not sure about bring an amp and another source thing yet. Maybe you want to call about that?

Emphasis should be placed on these sales people that they will sell these $2600 headphones far more easily if they are given a proper listening session.

-Ed

Aug 29, 2004 at 5:08 AM Post #15 of 56
Sorry been busy. I will call them tomorrrow and try to work out the details further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back