NYC Sony Style meet? (to checkout qualia 010)
Aug 29, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #16 of 56
[size=x-small]A rare and splendid opportunity[/size]!!!

I'd be thrilled to be included. Sorry, I have nothing to offer but my ears, open mind, love of music and musicality . . . and my highly subjective point of view.

Any time is fine with me.

If they are indeed located in Sony Plaza at 550 Madison Avenue, is it possible that Qualia (Sony) can arrange for R10 and CD3000 phones to be made available for reference (though, how to determine that all have been adequately burned in and properly handled/maintained)? I expect that they are in a different category from their Sony Style relatives, but I know nothing of how conscientious they are in this regard.

I'm unclear about the logistics: is Ian (and/or others) arranging this, and how do we determine who is scheduled for what slot? Are we supposed to call individually to reserve our own appointed times? Details, please. (Apologies for verbosity.)

[size=x-small]. . . and THANKS![/size]

rs1smile.gif

Aug 30, 2004 at 4:14 PM Post #17 of 56
OK here's the deal. I have reserved 12pm to 2pm. He said we could make multiple appointments if needed. So far Sunday is all open (as of today). I said there might be like 10 people going there. We'll just take turns going into the Qualia room.

For those bringing equipment (bozebuttons?), we should arrive earlier. The store opens at 11am. Then we could checkout the space and talk to them about setting up.

There are 6 outlets and 3 010 headphones. They have 1 source and we could use 2 more. I don't think we can add an amp to their source in the display since it's in a tight spot. We'd have to rearrange their equipment and I'm not sure they'd be hot on that. Who can bring what source and amp? We can choose whichever is the best / more convenient for that person to bring. I'm not bringing any source or amp on a subway
tongue.gif

For those waiting, maybe we can have a portable's meet in the home theater room next door, hang outside in the sony space or something. So bring your portables
wink.gif
Just to clarify this isn't a full fledged meet. It's just a quick get together and hangout to checkout the new qualias. If you can bring your portables cool. If not it's ok also.

I will need a list of who's going to get a headcount.

Aug 30, 2004 at 4:48 PM Post #18 of 56
Quote:

I am cool with Sept 5th

Quote:

I have reserved 12pm to 2pm.

Quote:

I will need a list of who's going to get a headcount.

Yo!

Aug 30, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #19 of 56
wait a second, they are going to let us bring our sources too, and set them up IN the room? Heck, I'll bring my Voodoochile "Tushi" modded Toshiba 3960 if that's the case! Plus, if the Solo amp gets back to me by this Saturday, I'll toss that in the mix too. I don't think my duffelbag can hold much more, so I'll just bring an Ipod and a cmoy too, just for kicks. Just a warning, the Ipod is mostly ripped in 320AAC, so don't rely on this thing for lossless if you are giving it a serious listen.

Edit - I'm doing Best Man duties the day before, so if I'm extremely hung over I might be a bit late. Just a warning...

Aug 30, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #20 of 56
This room is pretty small. There are no surfaces to put the equipment on so it will have to go on the floor. An extension cord to a wall outlet will be a good idea. I didn't notice where the outlet was. They could've been far away and hidden for esthetic purposes.

One thing for people coming in via car, I don't know what's up with the parking situation around there. We'll have to figure that out.

Aug 30, 2004 at 6:12 PM Post #21 of 56
On the floor is no problem. I can also bring a surgeprotected powerstrip, but I don't own an extension cord, so if someone else could that would be good. I'll also bring the Audioquest Diamonback RCA interconnects, and also a MagWires RCA to mini interconnect, just in case you're interested in hearing the ipod through the Slee (if it arrives in time!)

By the way, got the green light from the wife to come by 11am, so again, headache permitting I'll be there!

Aug 30, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #22 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
This room is pretty small. There are no surfaces to put the equipment on so it will have to go on the floor. An extension cord to a wall outlet will be a good idea. I didn't notice where the outlet was. They could've been far away and hidden for esthetic purposes.

One thing for people coming in via car, I don't know what's up with the parking situation around there. We'll have to figure that out.

Bring a gasoline powered generator just in case, just set it up outside and run a really long extension cord.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Aug 31, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #23 of 56
I can be there by 11am I will be driving in. I will bring a Stan Warren modded Sacd1000 need to break it in, Krell KSA5 amp it has 2 jacks, a pair of Amazon interconnects . And of course my R10s,we can plug a 010 and the R10 into the krell at the same time to compare the two.I will bring a extension cord someone else bring a power strip. And of course some SACDs.
I can also bring my Grado Hpa2 use it battery powered with a D25s also battery powered if needed.

Aug 31, 2004 at 1:29 AM Post #24 of 56
awesome, i have the strip, you have the extension. you have the R10, I have my ears.

Aug 31, 2004 at 1:49 AM Post #25 of 56
I'll be there 11am.

I can bring my Canon Eos 300D Digital Rebel / stock EF-S 18-55 zoom / 550EX flash / Lexar 40x 1GB.

Aug 31, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #26 of 56
Romanee, they won't let you take pics inside. I've tried.

bozebuttons, you have a K1000 that goes into 1/4" jack? Mine terminates into raw speaker ends. I can bring my K1000s.

Aug 31, 2004 at 2:08 AM Post #27 of 56
Ahhh. Thanks!

Aug 31, 2004 at 5:32 AM Post #28 of 56
can you guys check out the QUALIA earbuds too?

Aug 31, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #29 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
can you guys check out the QUALIA earbuds too?

hmm i bet they are the same as the ones on the MD player, so if they don't let us play the buds through our source/amps, at least we can pass along impressions of how they sound through an MD player.

Which reminds me, I have an original soundtrack to Princess Mononoke on MD for some reason, I'll bring it along - who knows what they have as a demo there.

Aug 31, 2004 at 7:21 AM Post #30 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Romanee, they won't let you take pics inside. I've tried.

bozebuttons, you have a K1000 that goes into 1/4" jack? Mine terminates into raw speaker ends. I can bring my K1000s.

do you think it would be a problem me bringing in a camcorder just to use the LCD screen on it for my Toshiba menu display? "i swear Sony, the lenscap will stay on!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back