NYC mini-mini Meet at Immtbiker's
Dec 10, 2004 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 273

immtbiker

The first to organize an (Inter)National Head-Fi Meet (2006)
Here we go:

The List of attendees:

lan
meech
Jahn
Sovkiller
Bozebuttons
Jpelg
DannyandElyse
Stevieo
Romanee

I am suggesting 2 dates to try to accomodate the majority.

1- Sunday, January 23 from 1-5, (but unlike the November Meet, there won't be a large man in the closet, getting up at 4:59, pressuring you to leave)
biggrin.gif

2- Sunday, January 30th from 1-5 (the Super Bowl is on the 6th).

We can have the playoffs on the tele (sound off, of course).

We will eat from 5-6.

Please PM me to let me know if you make it one or either day, and I will try to make as many people happy as possible. One person has expressed the inability, to come on the 23rd, so if everyone can come on the 30th, it would be a no-brainer.

We can also start compiling what each person can bring. We need 3 or 4 quality powerstrips, and a couple of sturdy card tables for the kids bedroom.

I can hook my VPI turntable directly to a headphone amp, out of the phono stage in the livingroom, so all I need is an amp for that setup. If anyone would like, we can definitely have some portables setup in the kitchen.

I will PM anyone coming the pertinent directions and phone numbers.

Let the fun begin.
icon10.gif
cool.gif
icon10.gif
biggrin.gif

Aaron

Dec 10, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 273
Have fun, guys! If I were coming, I'd be all over that "portables in the kitchen" offer. That's right next to the brownies tray.
etysmile.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 273
Cake.

I'll bring the PC1000. That Monster Power strip seemed to do the trick just fine at the NYC meet, so it can have a return to form.

The Solo will be incoming. Go Pinkie!

And for portables, this time I'll bring out my portable rig and keep it IN the bag as-used, and plop it on the Brownies table. Yum!

edit - waitasec. are we going to need my toshiba? i'll lug it up if so, but i have a feeling there are better sources afoot. if not i'll be happy to bring it!

one more edit - 30th sounds good! Hi, my name is Vic!

Dec 10, 2004 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 273
I can bring the table Mikhail had his gear on at the last NY meet,plus I will bring one of my exactpower power conditioners.

Dec 10, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #5 of 273
One table and 2 powersources. Go far, so good.
We will need an equal # of sources and amps, because the setups will be in a coffee house type environment, with each having it's own zone. I have a CD and TT setup in the bedroom. We probably should have about seven more, so everyone can be groovin' at the same time. We can all put on the same CD at the same time, and we play musical chairs. Except, in this version, the music never stops.
tongue.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 273
Aaron:
IMO, the latest the better, there is another meeting in WA Seattle area, and I would like to send the Rudistor amps there too, my friends there (Xtreme and PPL) want to try them also, and I can't refuse, theirs is the 15th, being yours on the 23rd we only have a week to work around and get the amps back, so if you can accomodate the meet on the 30th it would be great if not, they have to mail the amps back next day or second day, or so....to be on the safe side....and being heavy that shipping will cost them an arm and leg....poor guys...!!! Anyway the more time the Qualia is used the better....
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 273
30th is fine with me that is... if I'm around which I'm not certain yet. But if I'm not around, I couldn't make the 23rd either.

Sovkiller, are you going to rent a vehicle? Maybe some people can pitch in and get picked up?

--lan

Dec 11, 2004 at 1:17 AM Post #8 of 273
I am bringing cake....so you CAN have your cake, and EAT it already. I will even bring a fully tweaked out and 500 hour broken in table so your cake will be lifted off the floor, you know, like you like your cables off the floor...so it must be with your cake.
Dan

Dec 11, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #9 of 273
So far, 4 above average-intelligence people, say the 30th is OK.

lan...you better come...you started this whole sheebang in the first place
icon10.gif

Tell the rest of the world to wait.

Dec 11, 2004 at 3:49 AM Post #10 of 273
I can do either date as of right now.

Dec 11, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #11 of 273
me want cake.

Dec 11, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #12 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
me want cake.

Aaron, are you sure about the above average intelligence bit?
biggrin.gif

Jahn sounds like my kind of dude. A big head and a man who loves cake. Do try the brownies too.
cool.gif

Dec 11, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #14 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManiacSmile
May I join the brownie eating "consortium" I can bring a table and whatever is in the sig ? pretty plizz 8)

I would love to have you.
Your the first if someone drops out. Otherwise it's going to be so tight it would be like an "Immunity Challenge" on Survivor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back