NYC mini-mini Meet at Immtbiker's
Dec 14, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #46 of 273
As far as amps are concerned...I will have a HR-2 and a Maestro in the same fixed setup with a G08 and a Final Tool TT for compare and contrast,
Also I will have a SR-71 hooked up to the 2 channel output of a SACD/DVD-Audio Esoteric.
Anyone who wants to fix an amp to an Aries 2 TT through a XR-2 phono stage, please let me know. I will only need a quality amp. Perhaps the Orpheus setup would go nicely with that.

Con Edison will be happy with me that day
icon10.gif

The rest is up to you. But we do need 4 or 5 source amp combos on the rest of the tables. Please let us know what you are bringing and I will start a list.
Cognac will be served at 2, and dinner will be served at 5.
My wife has strict instructions that the microwave cannot be utilized until 5:01 (RFI and all that).
I need one more table, and one more powerstrip from people who haven't already PM'd me.

And pictures...we need lots and lots of pictures. lan, Romanee...can you make the impressions link a memorable one?

I wish this was going to be tomorrow (cause I'm immature).

Dec 14, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #47 of 273
Here's my list-

PC1000 Power Conditioner.
Toshiba 3960 modded.
Solo pinkied.
SR71.
Ipod.
SR200.
KSC-35.
All cables to hook em up.
Isoblocks for ye olde Toshiba again lol.

So basically, the same thing I brought to the NYC meet. Of course since this is in Queens, I'm just going to have to cab it it seems. Is that like $40 round trip? Suck. So yeah if folks in Manhattan want to meet up somewhere centrally again, like J&R Music World again, we can snag a cab there to go up to Queens. Lan, Romanee, you up for something like that?

Dec 14, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #48 of 273
I will definitely bring my Apogee Mini-DAC. I'm curious to hear what a vinyl lover thinks of it. I'll have my PCDP w/optical-out to connect to it, but it can also accept input from other digital transports (coax or optical) if anyone wants.

It can also output to an external amp using the balanced analog XLR-outs. If someone has analog XLR->RCA adapters it can connect to unbalanced amps too.

Dec 15, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #49 of 273
I am 10 minutes and a $5 cab ride from the Bayside LIRR stop from PennStation It's $6 ride on weekends.

Dec 15, 2004 at 12:20 AM Post #50 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
I am 10 minutes and a $5 cab ride from the Bayside LIRR stop from PennStation It's $6 ride on weekends.

now that i can swing!

Dec 16, 2004 at 1:30 AM Post #51 of 273
After reading about all this killer gear I wonder if my sponge bob AM transistor radio combo alarm clock source will not be needed? I will be walking with the Gods....I am nervous you will laugh at my Bose phones. Either way, I am bringing the CHOCOLATE BOBKA cake. I feel like a fool.
Dan

Dec 16, 2004 at 2:59 AM Post #52 of 273
If you bring your Sponge Bob Clock radio, it will force me to breakout my latest Audiophile purchase:

2136Fisher_Price_TT.jpg

It uses weebles (wobble, but they don't fall down) isolation feet, and a moving magnet nintendo cartridge, and a GI Joe arm.

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:15 AM Post #53 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse
After reading about all this killer gear I wonder if my sponge bob AM transistor radio combo alarm clock source will not be needed? I will be walking with the Gods....I am nervous you will laugh at my Bose phones. Either way, I am bringing the CHOCOLATE BOBKA cake. I feel like a fool.
Dan

WOW, man ... what are the sonic characteristics and specs on that CHOCOLATE BOBKA cake? Will I have to hock my car to buy one (I'll have to buy a car first...)? I hear it needs very little burn-in, but then it gets really smeared!

Most important ... will it drive my 501s? Or was it made for Wayne's cheezy-phones?
confused.gif

[size=x-small]AARON! Great! [/size]If you break out the weebler I can lug the 600lbs of non-audiophile LPs I was worried might be out of place.
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #54 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
...and a GI Joe arm.

Does it have Kung Fu grip?!!

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #55 of 273
You guys are making fun of my equipment....I really am nervous. I do my most critical listening with the sponge bob AM radio hotrodded directly into the bose symphonic table top amp which is feed directly thru 15% or so pure oxygen free, helium free, carbon free one cyrstal unbroken individually wove copper kryptonite titanium interconnect hand terminated in the (I am not allowed to mention) secret billet of _ _ _ _!!!!! Wrapped in a pure dialect of uncontaminated regular AIR ...this feeding my ORIGINAL Koss Pro ones!!!! Booze is gonna die with envy when he hears a serious setup......
If Stevio and Jahn insist, I will bring my ultimate test CD...yes, of course THREE DOG NIGHT.....
Dan

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #56 of 273
I have Michael Jackson doing a cover of "Joy to the World (Jeremiah was a Bullfrog)" - does that count?

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:51 AM Post #57 of 273
I know I am the newbie, but a suggestion for the next meet....How about our worst, mismatched screeching stuff.
You guys want to have fun...add your most hated CDs and records. You laugh, but your gonna flip over the CHOCOLATE BOBKA CAKE. Aaron will try to eat it all!!!

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #59 of 273
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyandelyse
Dan

Dan, I think it should be mandatory that at least one newbie attend all meets. I've been reading too many comments of late (ahem, including my own) from people who've said, "Well, I didn't listen to much gear this time. For me, the meets are getting to be more about the people and less about the gear..." Bah humbug! It's about the gear, man! Don't worry about getting name tags for each other, but do ask about what kind of power cords and interconnects are being used if they are not labelled clearly!

Oh, and we also need newbies to attend meets is to ensure that Head-fi's Buy/Sell forum has a influx of new buyers!
k1000smile.gif

Dec 16, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #60 of 273
Jahn's only a purist when it comes to Karen Carpenter.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back