NYC Bi-Annual Meet Impressions, March 3, 2007
Mar 12, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #227 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the vast majority of my gear is unpacked. there is still some in boxes from the meet. crazy, hunh?

ibtl.

yea well you did bring a lot of stuff. I'm still in awe of the HP-2s running off the single power extreme. BASS!!! but good bass and clean and controlled and ZOMG BEST HEADPHONE EVER FOR BASS!!! I loved them for all my music. It brought the low-end deep bass that was missing with my 225s. Even the 200s was a big improvement over the 225s imo. I think its safe to say that I enjoy the Joe Grado phones much more then the John Grado ones.

and also IBTL

Mar 12, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #228 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess you didnt spend much time next to the Guitar Hero set up
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

even when screwing up on GHII, i don't think i heard curses - more like strangled cat noises. or was that just me?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #229 of 264
I know I let out a few curses. My profanity filter is not set very high, and it sometimes glitches and lets a few slide. =[

Mar 12, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #231 of 264
haha, that first one looks great!

Mar 12, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #233 of 264
Mar 12, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #235 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Korean Vinyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
who's alex?

This Guy?

Mar 14, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #236 of 264
my turntable came recently, and i am rocking it. the first disc i played was one i got at the meet (the one with the koean guy on it.) it sounded TERRIBLE. i am still working on setup, and all of that. i think my preamp sucks too. i am pretty sure my preamp sucks, and is clipping/out of its slew rate... time to upgrade
smily_headphones1.gif

rega planar3 (with p3 motor) rb300 arm(with upgrades) and a grado cartridge. a grado black, if i screw it up its only $40 and i can upgrade.

i bought some funny-looking headphones too. but they sounded really good at the meet.
k1000smile.gif

Mar 14, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #237 of 264
why do i have a feeling that vinyl is the weakest link in your phono chain?
evil_smiley.gif

and congrats on the
k1000smile.gif
!

Mar 14, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #239 of 264
Hearing the Senn 650 balanced was a revelation. I couldn't go back to unbalanced afterwards. It just wasn't good enough. So in the past few days, I ordered:

- Apogee Mini-DAC USB
- Balanced Zu Mobius 2 (this is a brand new cable - just came out!)
- plus other cables to connect all this stuff (mini-RCA, XLR-RCA)

I can't wait to hear My HD650s balanced. I just hope they sound half as good as what I heard at the meet. The downside is that my wallet and I are no longer on speaking terms. I've been sleeping on the couch the last few nights.
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #240 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hearing the Senn 650 balanced was a revelation. I couldn't go back to unbalanced afterwards. It just wasn't good enough. So in the past few days, I ordered:

- Apogee Mini-DAC USB
- Balanced Zu Mobius 2 (this is a brand new cable - just came out!)
- plus other cables to connect all this stuff (mini-RCA, XLR-RCA)

I can't wait to hear My HD650s balanced. I just hope they sound half as good as what I heard at the meet. The downside is that my wallet and I are no longer on speaking terms. I've been sleeping on the couch the last few nights.
biggrin.gif

I hear you! I placed an order last night for some mogami cable and some Neutrik XLR connectors. My goal is to balance my 650s by the end of Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back