NYC Bi-Annual Meet Impressions, March 3, 2007
Mar 15, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #241 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear you! I placed an order last night for some mogami cable and some Neutrik XLR connectors. My goal is to balance my 650s by the end of Sunday.

Awesome! I would love to have a balanced Senn mini-meet sometime comparing the Mini-Dac, DAC1, DA10, and whatever else can make the Senns go balanced as well as different Senn aftermarket cables. What cable will you use. I looked at Headphile, Moon-Audio, Equinox, and Zu. In the end I purchased a Zu.

It cost more than most of my headphones.
blink.gif
blink.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #243 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying to figure out if it will be Cardas or Mogami.

Vincent, if you want to try the Cardas before you shell out the bucks for it or modify your existing cable let me know. Aaron has my balanced 650 cable and you're more than welcome to borrow it when he's done w/ it.

Mar 15, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #244 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vincent, if you want to try the Cardas before you shell out the bucks for it or modify your existing cable let me know. Aaron has my balanced 650 cable and you're more than welcome to borrow it when he's done w/ it.

Coool! Thanks Nate!

Mar 15, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #245 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why do i have a feeling that vinyl is the weakest link in your phono chain?
evil_smiley.gif

and congrats on the
k1000smile.gif
!

at the moment: i am VERY sure that the weakest link is my phono stage, which is integrated in some old fischer tuner/amp combo. im not sure if it even has a line out, so i have been listening via the units headphone out... sacralidge... im working on upgrading.

the seduction phono stage that thrice was kind enough to build and bring to the meet looks sweet. im not sure if i have room on top of my dresser for it though. i think i will just install a wall-mount shelf for the turntable
orphsmile.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #246 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at the moment: i am VERY sure that the weakest link is my phono stage, which is integrated in some old fischer tuner/amp combo. im not sure if it even has a line out, so i have been listening via the units headphone out... sacralidge... im working on upgrading.

the seduction phono stage that thrice was kind enough to build and bring to the meet looks sweet. im not sure if i have room on top of my dresser for it though. i think i will just install a wall-mount shelf for the turntable
orphsmile.gif

I've had some more time with that phonostage now and I gotta say I love it...and that's just with the stock tubes. I'm going to roll some Amperex in some and maybe some Telefunkens if my wallet allows.

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #247 of 264
Quote:

Originally posted by vcoheda:
the fit was not snug on my head

Quote:

Originally posted by bosebuttons:
the omegas also where very loose fitting

OK...you've shamed me into the loose fitting Omega mod After 2 years and many hours on my fat head the elastic in the head band had worn out just where it enters each side. I opened them up and surgically removed about 3/4 inch of worn out elastic on each side and..........they are now Perfect! Until my fat head stretches them out again!
cool.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #248 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK...you've shamed me into the loose fitting Omega mod After 2 years and many hours on my fat head the elastic in the head band had worn out just where it enters each side. I opened them up and surgically removed about 3/4 inch of worn out elastic on each side and..........they are now Perfect! Until my fat head stretches them out again!
cool.gif

Cool. Now you just have to resist wearing them until the next meet.

Not likely of course.
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: I just read my quote above: what does "sung on my head" mean? Oops. I guess spell check is no substitute for reading.

Mar 16, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #249 of 264
Quote:

Cool. Now you just have to resist wearing them until the next meet.

Not likely of course.

edit: I just read my quote above: what does "sung on my head" mean?

Too late, I'm wearing them now! Sung on my head? Why whatever do you mean?[size=xx-small]I wonder what that post was edited for?[/size]

Mar 16, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #250 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too late, I'm wearing them now! Sung on my head? Why whatever do you mean?[size=xx-small]I wonder what that post was edited for?[/size]

Well, the O2s do make you "sing." Where in NJ are you. I grew up in an lived in Franklin Lakes most of my life.
smily_headphones1.gif
Only in NY last few years.

Mar 16, 2007 at 11:41 AM Post #252 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had some more time with that phonostage now and I gotta say I love it...and that's just with the stock tubes. I'm going to roll some Amperex in some and maybe some Telefunkens if my wallet allows.

if you can find amperex white label pqs they cost a few $$ but are totally worth it, I have the bugle boys and orange globes and they are ok but not as good as the pqs

Mar 16, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #253 of 264
Quote:

Where in NJ are you. I grew up in an lived in Franklin Lakes most of my life. Only in NY last few years.

I live in Succasunna, and that is not a typo! My job takes me through Franklin Lakes on occasion and all over Bergen County.

Mar 16, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #255 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Btw James what was the name of the cd that everyone liked?
biggrin.gif

oh yes, could it perhaps be the one you recommended?
lambda.gif

BEATLES:LOVE. We had the SACD layer spinning in the Oppo to the Lambdas. Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back