NVX XPT100 - how to fit replacement earpads?
May 8, 2019 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kofa

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've bought a pair of replacement ComfortMax angled earpads. How do I install them? I thought they'd come with the plastic 'ring' (more of an oval) that I can just install by twisting the old earpads off, put the new ones in place, then twist them to lock in place; but these are just the earpads, so the 'ring'/frame is reused (which is good for the environment, so I'm happy). However, even the old ones were really tight on the frame; I did tear the material of one of the old ones while removing it from the ring (and I have not removed the other), and I'm afraid of damaging the new ones by forcing them onto the ring. (I did replace earpads on my old Sony MDR CD450s, and that was not a problem.)
So, should I put the ring/frame back on the earpiece, and try that way (similar to most headphones, where the frame does not come off, and you put the edge of the earpad in a thin gap on the headpiece)? Should I put the frame in the earpads first, and then just put it back on the earpiece (seems more logical/easier)? Is there a trick? Do I insert the long or the short side first? (I live in Europe, so had to pay about $25 just for shipping; if I break either earpad, I'll have to throw away the headphones, as it does not make sense to make another attempt for $50).

Thanks in advance,
Kofa
i-g34MRGb.jpg

May 8, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 2
Success :) I was just too afraid to stretch the material; I gave it another try, carefully going around, sometimes pushing it from inside the earcup outward with the tip of my finger to go over the edge of the oval frame. Also, I managed to insert one of the frames reversed (with the rim that attaches it to the earpiece facing inwards, towards the mesh), and it survived the removal and new insertion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back