NuPrime DAC-10H - Desktop DAC and Headphone Amp
Jul 5, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #16 of 152
  Would you mind giving us any info as to what headphones you'll be testing with the DAC-10H? Can't wait for the review.

A bit of everything really. HD800, LCD-3, HE-6, T1, HE-1000, Ultrasone Edition 12, AKG K812, Noble K10, EarWerkz Legend R, etc. Some work better than others, which I'll discuss in depth.

Also if you don't mind letting us know when you do post your  InnerFidelity review thanks..

Sure. Should be towards the end of the month I think. 

Jul 5, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #18 of 152
I'll be looking for that also thanks again..

Jul 6, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #21 of 152
How's the quality in sound from the amp section ? really good to hear that this unit can drive even the hard to drive headphones.. 

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #22 of 152
Had a nice time with this magnificent box on Sunday. Very powerful amp section (non-balanced)  that can drive with easyness such headphones like Denon D7000, Fostex Th900, Beyerdynamic T1

Jul 7, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #23 of 152
  How's the quality in sound from the amp section ? really good to hear that this unit can drive even the hard to drive headphones.. 

It's quite good. Obviously not the equal of a top-tier stand-alone amp, but it's very satisfying for a built-in amp. Adding the $350 NuForce HA-200 to the mix does not sound meaningfully better in any way.... in fact the built-in amp might be a tad better overall. 

Had a nice time with this magnificent box on Sunday. Very powerful amp section (non-balanced)  that can drive with easyness such headphones like Denon D7000, Fostex Th900, Beyerdynamic T1

Yep, SE output is good too, though balanced is superior depending on the difficulty of the headphone being used. 

Jul 8, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #24 of 152
I'm really liking the details in my music with this dac it seems to be getting better by the day, my wa22 has never sounded so good..

Jul 14, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #25 of 152
This DAC has a resistor ladder volume control. Not a digital volume, and not a cheap pot.

This is very rare at this price range. A resistor ladder volume control is usually reserved for high end preamps. Only Densen Audio's forthcoming dacs are going to have such a volume control, and they are much more expensive.

This DAC could be a superior choice if you plan on running amp direct, with no pre.

project86 it would be great to see what you think in a non headphones setup...

Jul 14, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #26 of 152
Awesome to know this I read about the resistor ladder control but didn't know it was mostly on high-end gear only.  I can say at this price point for a piece of audio gear I'm very pleased with my purchase of the dac 10 it sounds great, also I really enjoy the Hi-Lo gain it offers..

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #27 of 152
  This DAC has a resistor ladder volume control. Not a digital volume, and not a cheap pot.

This is very rare at this price range. A resistor ladder volume control is usually reserved for high end preamps. Only Densen Audio's forthcoming dacs are going to have such a volume control, and they are much more expensive.

This DAC could be a superior choice if you plan on running amp direct, with no pre.

project86 it would be great to see what you think in a non headphones setup...

Absolutely! How about:

These

Followed by these:

And lastly, these:

Jul 18, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #28 of 152
Subbed. Looking forward to the review. Hope it's that dac I've been looking for to pair with the Taurus MKII.

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #30 of 152
they sure look like them really like the stands..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back