NuForce NE-8 arrived (short review, updated pg1)
Dec 14, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #33 of 42
oh noes!...

ordered mine the night of the 7th & paid extra for 2 day shipping but they haven't arrived yet...

it wasn't processing time that got me as they shipped on the 10th...nor was it "peak season" as i used to work for ups & i know it's not yet crunch time...

figured since it was usps that they'd show up today (saturday)...guess they'll get here monday...

i'm not displeased with NuForce, but i would humbly suggest that anyone considering splurging for the faster shipping may want to just hold onto their $7 & perhaps just have a coffee
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #34 of 42
We need to clarify about the shipping issue. Normally we ship within a day from your order. But last week we ran out of stocks (as some of you have noted) so we have to bring express mail a few from somewhere to meet the demand. It will take a few days for the shipment to arrive, but we decided to allow people to place order. The estimated ship date is where we will be able to ship out (typically we can ship out 1 or 2 days earlier). The shipping method that you choose determine the time it takes to ship STARTING FROM THE ESTIMATED SHIP DATE, not from your order placement date!

Anyway, if you want to change the shipping method, email directsales and we can give you a refund after shipment Amazon.com doesn't allow merchants to alter the order or view customer's credit card. All we can do is confirmed or canceled. Then make adjustment with refund after shipping confirmation.

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #35 of 42
thanks for the response Jason...although i wasn't really lookin' for one
icon10.gif

they shipped on the 10th & i paid for 2-day shipping & they're not here yet...that's usps's fault as far as i'm concerned...

i appreciate your offer...put it on my tab
tongue.gif
...i can hardly wait to hear these through my icon mobile...

i hope there are more products in this line to come from NuForce...

signed up for the newsletter...waiting to hear of your 384KHz upsampling portable (j/k)...

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #36 of 42
Any more comparisons to other, more expensive phones? Like the X10s as someone mentioned earlier?

Dec 16, 2008 at 3:50 AM Post #37 of 42
hi jason,

i'm planning to buy either the 7 or the 8. how much would be the shipping cost? destination is philippines. how many shipping days it would take to reach me? appreciate your feedback.

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:34 PM Post #38 of 42
We ship by USPS Priority Mail worldwide and shipping cost should be about $18.
The earphones (only 1 item) can be fit inside a USPS Priority Mail Envelope so that's the cheapest worldwide shipping rate.

According to USPS, it will take about 6 to 10 days. Customs clearance could add further delay. We are not responsible for any import duties and can't declare a low price or free gift for shipment.

Dec 18, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #39 of 42
thank you jason! that gives me an idea now.

to all pl30 & ne-8 users, it has been said that ne-8 is kinda bass light in a sense that the bass is not that pronounced compared to the mids & highs. I have my pl30 now and still enjoying it. the only source i'm using is my samsung i450 which is a decent music phone although the frequency response is a bit downward towards the low end that's why I'm using the "bass & treble" EQ to give a nice boost. with my pl30, the bass is just okay but sometimes, especially for songs in which the bass is not dominant, it's kinda missing. will the ne-8 behave the same as this one since it is bass light? how about the soundstage in both phones? which one is better? or should I buy the ne-7m instead? btw, i love listening to almost every type of music as long as it would sound great in my ears. most of the time, i listen to alternative rock, indies, reggae, & female vocals (song with very high notes).
occasionally, i listen to r&b and hip-hop so bass is also needed.

appreciate your feedback, head-fiers.
L3000.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #40 of 42
Unfortunately, no one here on Head-Fi has been able to review the NE-8s and NE-7Ms head to head. So it's really been a toss-up in terms of which to buy.

As an NE-8 owner, I can tell you that the music produced from them sound excellent. I only say that they are a bit bass anemic probably because I'm comparing the NE-8s to my $400 IEMs such as my TF10s and W3s (kindof unfair). All in all though, the NE-8s sound great, the soundstage is good, details are good, and the bass is very clean.

I think that your decision to get the NE-7M or the NE-8 comes down to your personal preference. Do you want something with a bit fuller bass? Go with the NE-7M. NE-8s supposedly have greater detailed mids and treble, so maybe you'll prefer that. If I were you, I would just 1) flip a coin. Or 2) get the NE-7M. It has a built in microphone and it's about $8 cheaper
icon10.gif
Can't really go wrong with saving some money.

Dec 18, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately, no one here on Head-Fi has been able to review the NE-8s and NE-7Ms head to head. So it's really been a toss-up in terms of which to buy.

As an NE-8 owner, I can tell you that the music produced from them sound excellent. I only say that they are a bit bass anemic probably because I'm comparing the NE-8s to my $400 IEMs such as my TF10s and W3s (kindof unfair). All in all though, the NE-8s sound great, the soundstage is good, details are good, and the bass is very clean.

I think that your decision to get the NE-7M or the NE-8 comes down to your personal preference. Do you want something with a bit fuller bass? Go with the NE-7M. NE-8s supposedly have greater detailed mids and treble, so maybe you'll prefer that. If I were you, I would just 1) flip a coin. Or 2) get the NE-7M. It has a built in microphone and it's about $8 cheaper
icon10.gif
Can't really go wrong with saving some money.

thanks hooran! if the difference in detailedness, soundstage, mids & treble is huge and the bass difference is not that far, then I rather go to ne-8. as you've said, you were comparing your nuforce to the other two giants so you're statement is well justified.
beyersmile.png
i'll be watching over this thread to see more proof.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back