NuForce NE-7M or Head-Direct RE0
Aug 13, 2010 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

amrinder

New Head-Fier
Hi im new to this forum and im a noob when it come to head/ear phones(only owned the apple earphones with remote and mic) but i researched quite a bit and narrowed the choices down to two.

NuForce NE-7M or Head-Direct RE0

Which one of these headphones are better for listening to mainly hip/hop and rap but also rock? I'm mainly gonna listen to them on my ipod and computer.

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #2 of 21
The RE0 is miles ahead of the nuforce IEM. I used to have the NE-6 but I have upgraded to the RE0 and I have not looked back.
I recommend the RE0 for sure.

Aug 13, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 21
If you read on the RE0 you probably know the RE0 have very light bass impact.  If you're ok with that then get the RE0.  If not, get the NE7m.  Personally, I don't use the NE7m very often, it was demoted to grunt work only.  I either use my headphones or the RE0 for most of my listening. 

Aug 14, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 21
I just found out that the RE Zero came out and was wondering if i should get that instead of RE0.

and in the review there was a picture of a adapter? My question is that do i need the adopter for the RE Zero to work properly and do they sound better than the RE0.

Aug 14, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #5 of 21
Without the adapter you will only get music frm one side of IEM.
I preferred the REO over the RE Zero, but I listen to mostly female vocalists.
For yr musical taste, both fall short in the bass dept.
If yr budget allows, the Earsonics SM3 is a good all rounder   

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #6 of 21
I have re0 but I don't recommanded it if your source do not have some bass boosting eq. To me, the re0 is not so good with hip/hop.  Around this price range, have you consider eterna from fischer audio? I heard they are quite good in the bass department. 

Aug 14, 2010 at 2:53 PM Post #7 of 21
I would stay away from the RE0s as well based off your listening preference. 

Another one to look into might be the Klipsch S4s, which would fit your genres more so, also they're very comfortable and easy to forget about once they're in. 

Aug 14, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #8 of 21
The NE-6s are the same as the NE-7Ms if you don't want the mic and they are only $40. They're not terribly detailed and the lower end needs to be EQ'd a bit IMO but they are nice for the price. Many ppl over at ABI seem to like the Hippo VBs @ $60 which are probably better.

Aug 14, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 21

Quote:
I just found out that the RE Zero came out and was wondering if i should get that instead of RE0.

and in the review there was a picture of a adapter? My question is that do i need the adopter for the RE Zero to work properly and do they sound better than the RE0.

Don't even bother, if you really want extreme bass. The RE-ZERO is not that far away from the RE-0 in terms of bass quantity. Get something like the fischer audio eterna, the Hippo VB, or the Radius DDM

Aug 14, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #13 of 21
thanks for all the replies guys but i the reason i wanted the RE0 was because they are the best headphones under $80 and i don't mind sacrificing a little bass for quality sound.

I wanted the NE 7Ms because they were the best headphones with remote and mic i could find also under $80

I'd rather have the Ne 7Ms but as a poster mentioned above the RE0 is miles ahead.

I researched the headphones mentioned above but I'm still leaning towards the RE0 because of their sound quality.

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #14 of 21
Audeo Phonak PFE. Check them out. I think you'll like what you find.

They're a bit more expensive than the RE0's at $140, and at that price range I would personally just save $20 more and just get the DBA 02.

OK ignore all that, I just saw that you're trying to stay under 80. Stick to that for now.

The RE-Zero compared to the RE0 is basically just preference in the upper frequencies. The RE-Zero's highs are a little more tamed than the RE0. 

The other difference is that the RE-Zero is made of gunmetal. Check out some pics they're pretty nice
smily_headphones1.gif
. If I were you I'd stick to your price range, under 80, and find out what type of sound you like so you KNOW what you are in to. That way,  in the future you can more comfortably dish out hundreds of dollars
tongue_smile.gif
. Trust me, you're going to crave more so it's better to save and learn now so you won't end up with something stupid expensive to find out that you prefer the sound of something cheaper that you used to own.

Since you have only owned the apple buds you have no preference and basically anything you get you're going to be in love with so look at it like this. Is $10 extra worth the gunmetal casing to you? Then go with either the RE0 or RE-Zero.

Aug 14, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #15 of 21

Quote:
thanks for all the replies guys but i the reason i wanted the RE0 was because they are the best headphones under $80 and i don't mind sacrificing a little bass for quality sound.

I wanted the NE 7Ms because they were the best headphones with remote and mic i could find also under $80

I'd rather have the Ne 7Ms but as a poster mentioned above the RE0 is miles ahead.

I researched the headphones mentioned above but I'm still leaning towards the RE0 because of their sound quality.

Get them from Head-Direct then since they have a 30 day return policy. 

Keep in mind that the people saying they're the "best" might be after something completely different than what you need.  When I think of rap/hip hop I don't think of analytical, clear, detail oriented iems that lack a bit of a low end.  I'm not trying to dissuade you from trying them (I know what it's like to just HAVE to hear something), just be prepared that "The Best" might not be directed towards your genres.  And there's always something else around the corner that is...

If you get them, try them with acoustic music, jazz, un-synthesized stuff too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back