Nuforce Icon mobile is worthless.
Sep 2, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #17 of 68
Worthless? No. Disappointing? Yes. Bad battery issues. Works OK as a DAC. Again see HA's notes to that effect.

Sep 7, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #20 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by zc796 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is LOD?I am a rookie.

Line-Out Dock. You use a special cable that goes from the bottom of the iPhone to the amp input to give you a cleaner signal. What you're doing right now is double amping, and out of the mediocre headphone jack, no less.

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #22 of 68
I think it might be my usb cable or computer but as a DAC it produces huge amounts of unwanted sound on my speaker setup. It seems to help slightly on my portable setup with my KSC 75s, but I doubt they would help any with my brighter, easier to drive cans.

Better than my E5, but still leaves much to be desired. I probably need a non-portable amp for that though.

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #23 of 68
I have the Icon Mobile, using daily with both my MacBook Pro and my iPhone 3GS. It definitely adds something good to my mix. It's fairly neutral to my ears and doesn't color the sound, it's much quieter than the headphone jack on the MBP (better and more silent background) and I think it adds top end to my Klipsch S4i.

To me, it was $99 well spent!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #24 of 68
I recently bought the Icon Mobile with modest expectations. I agree with some observers in other posts that it tends to be bright. Pairing it with my SR80, I noticed a slight exaggeration of the mids and highs. I have yet to try it with my Ety ER6i. Since the Ety seems to have an amplified bass response, I'm hoping to get a flatter response when use it with the Icon Mobile. Has anyone tried this pairing before?

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #25 of 68
I think the Icon Mobile is a solid value if you need the DAC or the size appeals to you. Even though it leans more on the aggressive side of neutral, I think it deserves a look if you're looking for a versatile system for under $100.

Jan 7, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #26 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the Icon Mobile is a solid value if you need the DAC or the size appeals to you. Even though it leans more on the aggressive side of neutral, I think it deserves a look if you're looking for a versatile system for under $100.

I agree. It's quite a good value. I like that they have two outputs and that one of them is 4-pin so it allows for a mic/headset to be used for VOIP applications.

Jan 7, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #27 of 68
I've had mine about a week and while it's not groundbreaking by any means, I am enjoying it. I use it as my DAC at work and will use it as a DAC on my laptop. I use it to push Audeo PFE and Alessandro MS1, it seems to pick up the little sounds in my music with both phones. As far as pushing music from my Fuze, it does the trick. For the price and a first time amp (I thought about the E5, but really wanted a DAC) I have no real complaints thus far.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #28 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently bought the Icon Mobile with modest expectations. I agree with some observers in other posts that it tends to be bright. Pairing it with my SR80, I noticed a slight exaggeration of the mids and highs. I have yet to try it with my Ety ER6i. Since the Ety seems to have an amplified bass response, I'm hoping to get a flatter response when use it with the Icon Mobile. Has anyone tried this pairing before?

I'm sorry, did I read that correctly?

-Nkk

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #29 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow..this is the first time ive ever heard anyone describe the ER6i as having a amplified bass response. Most of the time it no bass, thin bass, etc. Maybe comparing it to an ER6 it has more bass? dunno how to respond to this actually lol

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #30 of 68
I hope this does not seem like it is too far off subject. I purchased the Icon home USB and Nuforce has really made a nice add to my audiophile life. It does everything I was expecting and more. I hope anyone who reads about the moble here does not write off Nuforce as a whole. Even as system synergy holds the keys to a happy purchase, I purchased the Icon home unit on a whim and have been in shock hearing the sound it puts out for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back