Nuforce Icon Hdp connected to a Xonar Dx?
Aug 15, 2012 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Miracle1980

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,
first of all sorry for my english 
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a doubt regarding the connections that i should make for my hi fi system. I have 2 speakers Dali Ikon 6 connected to an amplifier Atoll in50. And till here everything is fine.
Tomorrow i will receive the Nuforce Icon Hdp and i will connect it in USB to a Macbook 2007. The Nuforce Icon Hdp is connected to the amplifier (clear...).
I also have a good pc that I would like to connect to the Icon hdp. I have a motherboard with optical output and an Asus xonar dx installed in it. My question is what will be the best way to connect to the Icon hdp dac? Should i use the optical output from the xonar or can i use the one from the motherboard (and maybe sell the xonar )? Is there any difference?

Aug 15, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 9
Correct me if im wrong but there shouldn't be a practical difference between the two optical outputs. Using a external DAC the difference between the onboard soundcard and the Xonar should be eliminated since all they will do is to feed a digital signal into the DAC.

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
Nobody can help?

If you use the Xonar DX's S/PDIF Toslink digital output to the NuForce Icon HDP, you can get Dolby Headphone surround sound thru the optical.

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Hi guys,
first of all sorry for my english 
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a doubt regarding the connections that i should make for my hi fi system. I have 2 speakers Dali Ikon 6 connected to an amplifier Atoll in50. And till here everything is fine.
Tomorrow i will receive the Nuforce Icon Hdp and i will connect it in USB to a Macbook 2007. The Nuforce Icon Hdp is connected to the amplifier (clear...).
I also have a good pc that I would like to connect to the Icon hdp. I have a motherboard with optical output and an Asus xonar dx installed in it. My question is what will be the best way to connect to the Icon hdp dac? Should i use the optical output from the xonar or can i use the one from the motherboard (and maybe sell the xonar )? Is there any difference?

While I have little actual feedback to offer (save that USB seemed every bit as good as optical on my HDP, which might mean also mean either optical outputs would work just fine), I'd be very keen to know how you like / how you'd describe the HDP - Atoll - Dali setup, as I've been considering something somewhat similar, though smaller in scale (HDP - Atoll In30 - Dali Zensor 1). I have the HDP and Dali speakers already and am looking for an amp. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #9 of 9
Hi, i have received my Nuforce Icon Hdp just yesterday but i can tell you that the ''combination'' with the Atoll in50 is awesome. Im don't want to exagerate but is the best sound that i have ever heard in a room with my ears! The sound is clear, bright, the soundstage is absolutely fantastic and everything is so detailed that you will start to hate those cds where the ''production'' is not good.
So im really impressed from the dac+amplifier. I don't know (nerver tried) the Dali Zensor 1 but i think that you can be satisfied as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back