Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions
Aug 1, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #286 of 533
Hi guys

Before I put this on the usual FS boards, do any UK or EU HEM6 owners fancy a swap deal with a pair of HEM8? I have just sold my "best" pair of HEM8s, and the "main/spare" pair I picked up in a multi-item trade recently is now developing a short in one side of the braided cable. Tested it with the microphone cable and that works fine, so it is definitely a cable issue. When working out how best to fix this, I was just wondering if anyone was interested in a swap deal for just the IEM and packaging - straight swap for the HEM6? I have been trying to complete my HEM odyssey for a while, and have heard the 2, 4 and 8 so far so the 6 is the last stop on the journey for me. If anyone in interested in the swap, drop me a PM?

Alternatively, @jyri - is there anywhere in the UK I can order a replacement braided cable for the HEM8, as I can't see anything on the main Optoma/Nuforce website?

Aug 1, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #288 of 533
Finally finished my HEM8 impressions - as always, any feedback/suggestions for improvement very gratefully accepted!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/nuforce-hem8-reference-class-hi-res-in-ear-headphones-with-quad-balanced-armature-drivers/reviews/16540

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #290 of 533
  Finally finished my HEM8 impressions - as always, any feedback/suggestions for improvement very gratefully accepted!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/nuforce-hem8-reference-class-hi-res-in-ear-headphones-with-quad-balanced-armature-drivers/reviews/16540

Again, pleasure to read. Well-written stuff. Find that elusive HEM6. You must complete the tetralogy!
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #291 of 533
Again, pleasure to read. Well-written stuff. Find that elusive HEM6. You must complete the tetralogy! :wink:

Thanks man. I'd happily temporarily swap or trade my remaining HEM8 for the 6, but unfortunately Head-fi owners of the mythical 6 from the Massdrop or general sale seem to be pretty rare over here in the UK. :wink: Sure I'll find one eventually. Still enjoying yours?

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #292 of 533
Yep, it's holding up quite well when I'm away from the stationary unit. Thanks for asking. These have set the IEM standard with regards to comfort for me. I didn't realize how much I was taking comfort for granted before. I look forward to reading your take on HEM6, eventually
tongue.gif

It might not help you out over in the UK, but Massdrop & NuForce are doing their blue box drop again for HEM line. At the price, I'd say it's worth the gamble for any interested folks. "May the odds be ever in your favor."

Aug 9, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #294 of 533
I can confirm that the filters for the hem8 are removable using an etymotic filter tool. I managed to take them out without damaging the mesh. The result is better detail, imaging, and soundstage.

If they're the same filters, you can buy several different densities from electronics shops online. Each one will provide different sonic characteristics.

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #298 of 533
I have to say i regret buying these and not the Noble savants. Not that theres anything wrong with these its just that the Savants are more suited for me due to their brighter signature.

Which HEM did you get? If it's HEM8, then no doubt Savant are more suited to those seeking a brighter sound. I've got Savant, and they're much brighter / edgier than most of the HEM lineup. Just depends on what you're looking for!

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #299 of 533
Which HEM did you get? If it's HEM8, then no doubt Savant are more suited to those seeking a brighter sound. I've got Savant, and they're much brighter / edgier than most of the HEM lineup. Just depends on what you're looking for!

Yeah i currently have the hem8. Coming from the Noble 4/Etymotic ER-4S/Logitech UE900S they seem too warm and not enough clarity. Its up on the classifieds now. Analytical ftw!

Aug 14, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #300 of 533
Yeah i currently have the hem8. Coming from the Noble 4/Etymotic ER-4S/Logitech UE900S they seem to warm and not enough clarity. Its up on the classifieds now.

How much time for you give them? I felt the same way at first, but after letting them sink in for a week they sounded great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back