Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions
Jul 3, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #256 of 533
Guys just to check i want to purchase a aftermarket cable for the HEM8, looking at the effect audio thor sliver. Do you guy know which connector able to fit? http://www.effectaudio.com/accessories.html?p=1

THX FOR THE HELP

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #259 of 533
How would you guys rate the HEM 6 against the ATH-IM03 and the Orivety Primacy?

I am currently using Final Audio Heaven V which I love. I wanted to uprade to ATH-IM03 but they have horrible fit for me
and after trying I was about to get the Orivety Primacy. However, now I stumbled over the HEM-series...

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #260 of 533
How would you guys rate the HEM 6 against the ATH-IM03 and the Orivety Primacy?

I am currently using Final Audio Heaven V which I love. I wanted to uprade to ATH-IM03 but they have horrible fit for me
and after trying I was about to get the Orivety Primacy. However, now I stumbled over the HEM-series...

I prefer Primacy over HEM6, finding HEM6 a bit but up to for my tastes. Gets a bit sibilant. Primacy is smoother up top.

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #264 of 533
I have nothing against bright signature, but if connected to an already bright source (am using Sony DAP) it might be a bit too much. But I thought the HEM6 is generally described as quite dark?

Not bright overall - they just hit my sensitive spot for sibilance. More hot than bright for me, I guess. Could've worded that better...

Jul 12, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #266 of 533
ok, thanks for clarification. I might go and try them anyhow for a personal impression. Unfortunately no shop has the Primacy AND the Nuforce for direct A/B

Sure, no problem. 64EARS U12 are similar for me. Overall dark sound but have a treble peak that makes them really sibilant to my ears.

Primacy would be best compared to HEM2 IMHO.

BTW, I'm still really impressed with HEM2's tuning. Ticks a lot of the right boxes for me, which always surprises me since I don't usually go for dual BA IEM. Although CFA Nova are also really nice dual BA IEM, albeit more pricey ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back