Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions
May 29, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #227 of 533
Jackpot77: I'd be thinking loaner. Don't want to break up the HEM family :wink:

No worries - thought that'd be the case. Will try my luck in the FS/FT forums over the next few months and see if any pop up. Offer is still open in the meanwhile if any other forum members want to trade down! :wink:

May 29, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #228 of 533
You guys got me intrigued, just ordered a HEM2 off Amazon at what seemed like a decent price. I have a Cardas A8 on order as well and thinking of snagging a Shozy Zero then put them all in the ring with the RHA MA750i's and see who comes out the winner.

May 30, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #230 of 533
That's a great selection of iems to pick from. I reckon the decider will be if any of the others come close enough to the A8 to bring comfort into play, at which point the HEM comes into its own... Let us know the outcome! :wink:

May 30, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #231 of 533
That's a great selection of iems to pick from. I reckon the decider will be if any of the others come close enough to the A8 to bring comfort into play, at which point the HEM comes into its own... Let us know the outcome!
wink.gif

Yeah, with my ear issues comfort is definitely going to be a factor. 

I just want to be certain, the nozzle size of the HEM line allows for the use of the Shure black olive foam tips, correct?

May 30, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #232 of 533

Yeah, with my ear issues comfort is definitely going to be a factor. 

I just want to be certain, the nozzle size of the HEM line allows for the use of the Shure black olive foam tips, correct?

Don't know about the Shures - I have tried them with the Westone foam tips that came with my UM Pro 50 and they fit due to the small nozzle size so if the Shures are the same diameter then that should be OK.

Maybe @nmatheis or @jyri can confirm?

May 31, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #235 of 533
  Don't know about the Shures - I have tried them with the Westone foam tips that came with my UM Pro 50 and they fit due to the small nozzle size so if the Shures are the same diameter then that should be OK.

Maybe @nmatheis or @jyri can confirm?

Embarrassed to admit I've never used Shure Olives. The Shure E2C and E3C that introduced me to IEM came with much more sadistic less comfortable foam tips.

That said, HEM nozzles do look about the same diameter as my old Shure IEM...

Should be okay. Shure use the same Comply T100 tips which we include with the HEMs.

Thanks for the info guys, I was thinking the Olives should work. I wanted to be sure because I'm in the process of packing up our house and getting ready to move so I wanted to know what to keep out.

Really curious about the rest of the line as well but that will have to wait.

May 31, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #236 of 533

Thanks for the info guys, I was thinking the Olives should work. I wanted to be sure because I'm in the process of packing up our house and getting ready to move so I wanted to know what to keep out.

Really curious about the rest of the line as well but that will have to wait.

The Olives and Westone Star tips both 100% work with the HEM8 just in case you were still unsure. 

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #237 of 533
No worries I don't ever recall a hype fest for any NuForce product, even the Primo 8.  But also due to the fact that they have never made an earphone quite to the level of the HEM8. This might change however with more and more input from the community.  It will be interesting to see what the massdrop crowd has to say about the HEM phones. 

IMO the HEM8 is what the Primo 8 should have been. It is to my ears a leap in SQ from the primo 8 and this is from extensive A B testing.
I have been using these non stop since I got them only to appreciate their full capable sound more now than ever.  The HEM8 might not be the end game earphone people are looking for but they should come very close and sound just as good as anything I have ever heard if not better.

I think in due time the HEM8 will be the attention of Headfi.

Signature wise, would it be the same as Primo 8? In terms of technicalities, what is the improvements you see?

Jun 3, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #238 of 533
Signature wise, would it be the same as Primo 8? In terms of technicalities, what is the improvements you see?

Read his review on the HEM8, comparison to Primo 8 at the bottom:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/nuforce-hem8-reference-class-hi-res-in-ear-headphones-with-quad-balanced-armature-drivers/reviews/15596

Jun 4, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #239 of 533
Jun 8, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #240 of 533
Hi guys - received a trade offer for my HEM2 and HEM4 for a new Sennheiser IE80 (authentic). Not heard any of the IE range but the New cost in the UK is similar to what I am selling theb pair of HEMs for - anyone who's heard them think it would be a worthwhile trade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back