NOW DEAD BACK TO $399__Ultimate Ears Triple.FI 10 pro IEM $269.99
Mar 7, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #46 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations! It's likely you'll need T400 comply tips or modded Shure black foam tips to reach a proper seal and be in heaven.

Thanks, can you point me in the direction to get T400 comply tips or modded Shure black foam tips?
smily_headphones1.gif

Paul[/QUOTE]

Google Comply and there it is, if not at the top, then fifth or sixth down the page

Mar 7, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #47 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, can you point me in the direction to get T400 comply tips or modded Shure black foam tips?
smily_headphones1.gif

Paul

Google Comply and there it is, if not at the top, then fifth or sixth down the page[/QUOTE]

Got it! Thanks!

Mar 7, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #48 of 149
Bought em fom SoundEarphones, the guy said I had to pay shipping but it didn't come up, so still paid $270, I will see how it goes, if he emails me to pay teh shipping which is $35 I might as well!

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #52 of 149
Can someone please tell me how to use these Comply tips?? Got them on the Triples. Now, do I just place them in my ears with a little twist?? Do I first squeeze them into a little pointed tippy thing?? Or do I try to jam them into my ear?? Never tried using these things before. People tell me I'll get a great seal, but so far, no great seal, at least a seal like I have on my Ety or the Images.

Mar 9, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #53 of 149
Just pulled the trigger on those Triple-Fi's from Ecost. I've been waiting since last summer for a pair of IEMs to replace my Shure E4 and that would pair up nicely with the Kenwood HD30GB9.

I did a head-to-head between the TF10 and Shure SE530 while waiting an airport recently for a flight. Absolutely no contest. The SE530 sounded like a bass-heavy version of the Shure E4 with even worse rolled off highs. The TF10 simply sounded less colored with considerably more upper extension--and they actually fit my ears. Antonyfirst's review of the TF10 + Kenwood combo sold me on the deal.

I'm not waiting for the Westone 3 any longer...the duration of the delay on getting these things out for issues related to the driver packaging is actually pretty absurd.

In any case, thanks to the OP for the heads-up.

El Duderino

Mar 9, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #54 of 149
i've been thinking whether to buy or not. I've been listening to ep360 for 2 years and I like it a lot. Now i guess it's time to upgrade. I'm wondering whether to go directly triple or buy sf5 first. I afraid i can't appreciate triple as it's a big step in term of money (my highest end is grado 80
tongue.gif
) and SQ.

what do you guys think?

Mar 9, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #55 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We should wait for other reviews, but it's not simple due to the delays the Westone 3 have been undergoing.

I believe the reason the Weston 3s are delayed is quite simple, they are not superior to the Tfi 10s and others in this class, so they are trying to work these up.

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:32 PM Post #56 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Duderino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just pulled the trigger on those Triple-Fi's from Ecost. I've been waiting since last summer for a pair of IEMs to replace my Shure E4 and that would pair up nicely with the Kenwood HD30GB9.

I did a head-to-head between the TF10 and Shure SE530 while waiting an airport recently for a flight. Absolutely no contest. The SE530 sounded like a bass-heavy version of the Shure E4 with even worse rolled off highs. The TF10 simply sounded less colored with considerably more upper extension--and they actually fit my ears. Antonyfirst's review of the TF10 + Kenwood combo sold me on the deal.

Thanks you Dude. Actually my Triple.fi review was done out of my JVC XA-HD500 player, but that and the Kenwood sound very very close in tonal balance, soundstage and detail.

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #57 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumpXP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've been thinking whether to buy or not. I've been listening to ep360 for 2 years and I like it a lot. Now i guess it's time to upgrade. I'm wondering whether to go directly triple or buy sf5 first. I afraid i can't appreciate triple as it's a big step in term of money (my highest end is grado 80
tongue.gif
) and SQ.

what do you guys think?

why spend $150 on super.fi when you can pay a little more and not have to worry about upgrading in the future, you know you will might as well go with one that has a killer price and better performance. When you do sell it you won't loose as much since you get a good deal to begin with. Usually they go for around $320-$400 for the triple.fi new.

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #58 of 149
Well, I've had the TF10Pro and with problems with comfort I am not falling for them twice.

I have Westone UM56 custom tips, so I am waiting for the Westone 3, which I HAVE heard and they ARE superior.

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #59 of 149
You are awesome. You have listened to almost everything relevant, and have been on Headfi less than 1 year.
biggrin.gif

I'd like if you can provide more thoughts about the Westone 3, especially if you ABed them with Livewires and Triple.fi.

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #60 of 149
Does ANYONE support our IEM sponsor soundearphones.com besides me? lol. I didnt mind paying a little more to help out a head-fi user/sponsor and also for the peace of mind that if anything happens, they would be round to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back