Novo or Solo for MS1s?
May 23, 2010 at 9:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tkimages

New Head-Fier
I've recently bought a pair of Alessandro MS1s for use with my Ipod, they are just great.  So I've decided to use them with the main system (Meridian DSP) but it has no headphone out.  I've decided to add a headphone amp to the analogue out of the CD player (Meridian G08) as the digital out is used to feed the DSP speakers.

My price bracket (£200) for a 1st headphone amp would include a new Graham Slee Novo or a 2 yr old used Graham Slee Solo.

Any views as to which would be better, would be much appreciated, or any alternatives to the Slees, providing they maintain the tonal balance of the MS1s.

Cheers,

Tillman

May 23, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi Tillman, I have owned both and I would probably go for an used Solo SRGI or SRGII w/ the switching PSU. Later as I get more funds I would get the regulated linear PSU1. BTW, I have used an RS-1 and an SR80 w/ Graham's amps and they pair nicely. Good luck.

May 23, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi Mrarroyo,

The solo I'm looking at comes with the PSU1, so that seems to take care of that.

My sister lives in Miami Beach, lovely part of the world, really enjoyed our visits there.

Cheers,

Tillman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back