[Not-So-Poor Man Reviews] Final Audio Design's Lab I (1500 Dollar Legacy)
Nov 2, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #16 of 151
Magic! Ahahaha...not too sure myself tbh. I really wasn't expecting any response from FAD on this one.

You probably are one of the luckiest people I've ever seen.
beerchug.gif

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #21 of 151

Nah, $1600 was the release price for the Lab 1 and it then went up in various locations. I was lucky to get that original price here in Shanghai - but I negotiated it down from about $1750.

I don't even know where they sell the thing inside Korea:frowning2: Everywhere I look they have the ENTIRE line of FAD products except for the LAB
Maybe I should move to Japan.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #23 of 151
  I don't even know where they sell the thing inside Korea:frowning2: Everywhere I look they have the ENTIRE line of FAD products except for the LAB

I was quite surprised to stumble upon mine. I did not expect that Jaben Shanghai would get any allotment of the Lab 1 but they did.

Nov 3, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #24 of 151

I heard that all 150 made have been sold. I was grateful to be offered, albeit almost reluctantly, to purchase what I understood was the very last set of Jaben anywhere.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #26 of 151

I heard that all 150 made have been sold. I was grateful to be offered, albeit almost reluctantly, to purchase what I understood was the very last set of Jaben anywhere.

wow you are a lucky guy

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #29 of 151
Hey, who here uses the LAB1 on the go on the public commute? Just interested, don't really have the guts to bring these out myself. Also, as awesome as the LAB1 is from any source and especially the Calyx M, any impressions from anyone else with other sources/stacks? For a start, I really liked the LAB1 with the CLAS original + Kojo KM01, pretty amazing setup for vocals or anything laid back, but I think we could very much be scraping the surface of the LAB1's potential.

Nov 3, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #30 of 151
  Hey, who here uses the LAB1 on the go on the public commute? Just interested, don't really have the guts to bring these out myself. Also, as awesome as the LAB1 is from any source and especially the Calyx M, any impressions from anyone else with other sources/stacks? For a start, I really liked the LAB1 with the CLAS original + Kojo KM01, pretty amazing setup for vocals or anything laid back, but I think we could very much be scraping the surface of the LAB1's potential.

Well I do not commute locally much but I was walking with the Lab 1 yesterday and that was a very good experience. Generally I use the Lab 1 sitting down at coffee shops and such.

For really loud travel (airplanes and trains), I prefer the Heaven VI. It isolates better. In addition, it has a more forward sound signature. The layered nuances of the Lab 1 get lost when the background noise is too great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back