[Not-So-Poor Man Reviews] Final Audio Design's Lab I (1500 Dollar Legacy)
Sep 15, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #151 of 151
What a fantastic review.

Fantastic review. Thank you. I know this is now a quite old product, but nonetheless a very special one. I used to have the Sennheiser IE800. Absolutely loved them. Used them with my DragonFly Red usb dac/amp and my iPhone 7 and they sounded phenomenal. Gave those to my son. Have been considering getting the IE800S. I somehow also came across the Final Audio Lab I recently. I realize that the Lab I is now more of a collector’s piece than a practical daily phone, but have an opportunity to get one. The rarity factor of the Lab I notwithstanding, do you know how it compares to the IE800S? I would love to get someone’s opinion on that.

The Lab 1 is absolutely my daily phone. It is just too good not to use. Paired with the Lotoo PAW Gold Touch, I have my dream portable rig.

Lab 1.jpg

The best summary was my gf listening to Jazz and saying that it was like being at a live concert, as she pointed to how the instruments surrounded her head, left to right, forwards and backwards. Properly driven, the Lab 1 is amazingly 3d/holographic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back