Not happy with my Sennheiser HD428's
Nov 26, 2010 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

GNV7

New Head-Fier
I just bought some Sennheiser HD428's about a week ago so far I'm not that happy with them.  The highs and mids sound good but the bass is very lacking.  I did some research here on the forums after I got them and found a thread about modding them, I tryed that and it worked somewhat.  I got more bass out of them but it makes the highs and mids muffled with less definition, plus the bass gets really crunchy when the volume gets louder.  So since I've voided my warranty and can't return them (which is fine, I'll give them to my dad and he won't know the difference) I've been looking for some different headphones. 

I've been searching the forum, which is awesome by the way, and I've read good things about the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's.  I know they are more spendy than the HD428's and I'm willing to bite the bullet on that.  I'm wondering if you guys think these would be a good choice for me? 

Bass is important to me but I don't want to sacrifice the highs and mids.  I've read the mids aren't the best on the ATH-M50's but I'd be willing to deal with that if its not that bad.  I'd mainly use the headphones for music and gaming on my computer and occasionally on my Sansa Clip.  I listen to all kinds of music, mainly ambient and dubstep lately.

I'm not totally sold on the ATH-M50's yet so if you guys have any other suggestions around $100 or under let me know!  Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back