Northern Virginia/DC Meet: February 20th
Feb 19, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #77 of 91
Psyched for tomorrow, looking forward to meeting you all and hearing some new gear
L3000.gif

Drew

Feb 20, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #79 of 91
So the goal is to have a get together like the one in the bay area yesterday:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/540576/amazing-bay-area-meet-2-19-11-impressions-thread

Feb 20, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #80 of 91
I just got back into town and it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it. I'd have loved to meet everyone but it looks like I'll have to wait until next time. Hope everyone has a great time!

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #81 of 91
It was a great meet and we had a pretty good showing.  We had the room at capacity, and had about 5 hp's for each person.  This was my first meet like this and I learned a lot.  I thought my MAD Ear+ HD amp would generate more interest though unfortunately I didn't have any phones to match with it.  The room wasn't set up the best but now we know better for next time.

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #82 of 91
Good meet. Got to try some new stuff. Now I have to buy some new stuff. Wish there had been an HD800 in there somewhere. Maybe next time.

Here is the picture gallery and a couple choice pics.

Gallery: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v67/FunkyMonkCP/Head-Fi%20Meet%20February%202011/

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #83 of 91
Thanks to everybody that showed up, it was a good meet.  I do agree it was a little tight, but next time we'll know better and should have more time to book a bigger room at the library (or anywhere else).  Thanks funkymonkcp for the pics.

Any candidate dates for the next meet? 

Feb 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #85 of 91
I was interested in the MAD amp but I wanted to try a pair of Grados since that's what I read that it matched with best. I just didn't get around to stealing someones headphones to try with it. XD

All and all, for a poorly arranged meet (as per my doing, even the name tags didn't stick), it wasn't bad. The LCD-2, Zodiac, B22 setup was by far my favorite. And Aman may have convinced me to buy a pair of Lambdas. The orthos scompton brought surprised me, they all sounded very good. 
I had a very good time and would like to thank everybody for coming and bringing some gear. I will try to get back in touch with Gary Gill (Capital Audiofest) so maybe we can get several more Head-Fi'ers to come in July. By then I should have quite an acceptable rig myself and not the sad looking Asgard and SM3 "combo". 

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #88 of 91
Feb 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #89 of 91
Gary Gill of Capital Audiofest talking about having a setup in July:
"What I can do is offer you guys a room at my cost since you guys are hobbyists but if there are retailers involved then we would have to change it around. Total cost would likely be $100/day for the room which would be smack dab in the middle of the listening rooms. The room by the way is not a full blown listening room but a sleeping room so would have a bed and chairs etc."

We can also get vendors to come out if they are willing to pay for a room. $70-90 he says. Anybody interested in pitching in so we can have a setup there? I think we would want a minimum of 15 people to have a decent sized setup. 

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #90 of 91
I think being part of the audiofest would be neat and I plan on going anyway but what would our roll be?  I'm guessing the intent of the get together is to sell loud speakers?  Would we be there to entice people into the head-fi community?  A random exhibit between $20,000 systems?  I'll have to research more on what the fest is but if it is a gathering of high-end speaker manufactures how does the gaggle of way-cool guys and their personal HP rigs fit in? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back