Northern Virginia/DC Meet: February 20th
Feb 11, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #61 of 91
Heh finished this goofiness temporarily for now...

Sadly I'll not be wiring up anything but the 4 pin xlr output for the time being.  Also it is likely going to be cased up in a cheap ass lunch tin for now heh.

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #62 of 91
Hey,

I might be too out there to ask, but I didn't see on the list (maybe missed it) but was curious if anyone was going to bring either Grados sr60, sr80 or Sennheiser hd 595? I have been interested in these so was wondering. I'm really excited for it so thanks for all who got this together!

Feb 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #63 of 91
You are assuming we have budgets? Haha. 
Yeah, I don't see those on the list either. If anyone has one please, bring it. No other equipment necessary since the room will be full.

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #65 of 91
Hey, I maybe purchasing a Marantz 2220B this week, is anybody interested in listening to it? I understand we have limited room so I thought I would see if there was any interest first.

Feb 13, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #66 of 91
I've always been interested in hearing one, but I'm not sure there will be room.  That's one of the reasons I think I'll leave my Lambda at home.  If I do bring it, I'll leave it in my car until I see if there's room for it.

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #70 of 91
No there's quite a few people who have them - they started shipping this month to people who signed up for early release.  They go on sale everywhere else next month.

I just got the 93 about  30 minutes ago and I think I'm going to move up to the 95 - depending of if the DAC sounds as good as it should.

Feb 16, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #71 of 91
90% sure I can be there on Sunday, and would probably bring the following:

Ultrasone Edition 8
beyerdynamic A1
Sony SCD-XA5400ES

Feb 16, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #72 of 91

Quote:
90% sure I can be there on Sunday, and would probably bring the following:

Ultrasone Edition 8
beyerdynamic A1
Sony SCD-XA5400ES

Hahaha nice - we all end up on the slow but irresistible path to $1000+ headphones, huh?

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #73 of 91
If anyone want to bring light refreshments/snacks you are welcome to do so. Also, I think it is a given that if you choose to do so stay away from others gear. No wants cookie crumb tainted drivers. 

Also please, of course, wash you hair, clean your ears, and smell like nothing when you come to the meet. I don't think this will be a problem but you never know. 

Feb 19, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #75 of 91
Here is a complete list of everything I am bringing. I come prepared :) I may not bring it all in and leave some of it in my car. I created this detailed list mostly for a checklist of what to bring and to make sure I bring everything back with me. Still, just in case any of you care.

If I should bring something else, let me know. I listed all my headphone stuff but I have plenty of other tech stuff I can bring to help facilitate this get together.

Phones:
  1. Sennheiser HD650
  2. Sennheiser HD280
  3. Ultimate Ears UE-11
  4. Westone3

Amps:
  1. NuForce icon HDP
  2. Headamp Pico

Sources:
  1. MacBook Pro 17” (core2duo 2.8Ghz, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD)
  2. iPod Touch (32GB)
  3. iPhone 4 (32GB)
  4. iPad 3G (64GB)

Other:
  1. TOSLINK cable (mini-mini)
  2. USB Types: A-type to B-type, A-type to Mini-B
  3. iPod line out (for connecting to Pico)
  4. RadioShack Sound Level Meter
  5. Canon PowerShot G10
  6. Various power adapters, power strips, sync cables.
  7. USB flash drives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back