Northern Virginia/DC Meet: February 20th
Feb 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #46 of 91
Looks like I should be able to make this one.
I'll bring a new 6T9 amp and the usual DT-880 and SR-125 (with flats).
The 6T9 has a balanced jack (4 pin ala K1000), 1/4" TRS jack and speaker outputs.
Should be fun.

Feb 9, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #49 of 91
I will definitely try to make it 
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #50 of 91

Quote:

Update February 7th: There seems to be a lot of gear people are willing to bring, actually too much. How can we narrow it down?

Unless the room is tiny, it should be fine.  This isn't a very big meet.  If AmanGeorge is bring his Lambda, I don't need to bring mine, especially since the Realistic STA2200 that I use to drive them is a beast that weighs 60lbs and has a big foot print.

Edit:  Editing the first post is fine, but in the future, post something like this in a new post as well.  Editing the first post doesn't bump the thread so it's not as obvious.

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #55 of 91
Yeah, I hope the room is a decent size otherwise, oh no. 

But I am VERY excited about this meet. It will determine what I am going to buy next. I am thinking about getting a Stax normal bias setup but want to hear it first. That and a nice DAC, then I'll be set.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #56 of 91
Too much gear sounds like a good problem to have.  esp since no one had any idea if anyone would show up when planning started.  It will probably be a tight meeting but I've never been to one of these and I've never used or really even seen any good gear except what I have so I'm looking forward to all the gear.

I just have to figuer out a logical way to check out different HPs.  I've found, for me, that I don't get too much from just plugging in some new phones and listening - I really don't notice a difference unless I'm relaxing and just...listening.

Feb 11, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #57 of 91
HEY, do we have any idea if the power in the room will be adequate?
It would suck trying to plug everything into one or two outlets.

Drew

Feb 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #58 of 91
BYO power strips. I have no idea how many outlets there are so just bring a large power strip. I am bringing one with 6 outlets, only two of which will be occupied by me. The more, the better. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back