Northern New Jersey Meet 2009 IC
Jun 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #79 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajjekko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might be in. What is the address? I don't have much hi-fi stuff, just a FiiO E5, HFI 780

Don't worry - like I said before, we're all gonna listen to Doug's stuff
tongue.gif
. I'm interested in the HFI-780 too though, so I'll be looking forward to hearing them. Hopefully I'll sell all my cans and get some others. I'm tired of the 2200's and CAL's!

Jun 4, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #82 of 110
Don't have the address or sq ft yet since we have not finsihed surveying the possible hotels, nor roughing up the hotel managers for great deals (I'm running out of bloody horse heads).

Stay tuned.

Payment is 100% voluntary, folks put a few bucks in a big jar. And we had a small raffle last year (Brainsalad Audio and Whiplash Audio were very generous) too. We paid off the room and had a money for charity left over.

Jun 4, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #83 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't have the address or sq ft yet since we have not finsihed surveying the possible hotels, nor roughing up the hotel managers for great deals (I'm running out of bloody horse heads).

Stay tuned.

Payment is 100% voluntary, folks put a few bucks in a big jar. And we had a small raffle last year (Brainsalad Audio and Whiplash Audio were very generous) too. We paid off the room and had a money for charity left over.

I would say something like that would be appropriate. Have we considered phoning Grado and maybe some other NY based audio manufacturers to attend / send raffle prizes? Once we have a date set I will start hounding them.

Jun 5, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #85 of 110
Oh yes, we're definitely doing another raffle. It was a great way to raise money. I think I put in $20 myself last year.

Yeah, I'd definitely like a bigger room this year if possible so guys like SACD_Man can bring huge setups.

Jun 5, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #86 of 110
Personally, I would prefer to limit the amount of people trying to hype and sell stuff and focus mainly on the love of the hobby and unbiased opinions and impressions. Having vendors seems to up the tension and change the overall feel of the event... that is just me though.

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #89 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I would prefer to limit the amount of people trying to hype and sell stuff and focus mainly on the love of the hobby and unbiased opinions and impressions. Having vendors seems to up the tension and change the overall feel of the event... that is just me though.

Party Pooper

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #90 of 110
I had a great time meeting everyone last year. I want to participate again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back