Northern New Jersey Meet 2009 IC
Jun 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #63 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wavoman, I have a few TRS to RCA adapters. And yes, analog is the only thing we can test. Shame there isn't two SPDIF though.

Don't we need XLR-to-TRS if we want to test balanced cables?

Jun 1, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #67 of 110
ive actually had those on order since the first day - just forgot that theyd in fact be here before the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #68 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the wonderful offer -- please bring 12AU7's, since we plan a tube rolling festival for the EF-1. Will you sell some?

Sorry, they won't be up for sale if I find them . I'll make sure to look for some next time I stop by the shop. Not exactly the cleanest place. It's kind of like a moldy basement, considering the tubes are stored in the basement. I googled it and many 12AU7's come up... Chinese... American... ect... Also, is the meeting taking place in a private room, or in like, a hall or something?

Jun 2, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #69 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, they won't be up for sale if I find them .?

Can I steal them?

Quote:

I'll make sure to look for some next time I stop by the shop. Not exactly the cleanest place. It's kind of like a moldy basement, considering the tubes are stored in the basement. I googled it and many 12AU7's come up... Chinese... American...

The Chinese 12AU7's are unlistenable. Looking for NOS European and American ... yea, lot's of guys sell them on the web, but no returns, it's a gamble, so your offer to audition some is fantastic (even if you won't let me take 'em home ... hey I'm used to this, like the pretty girls in the club ... you can look but they ain't leaving with you).

Quote:

ect... Also, is the meeting taking place in a private room, or in like, a hall or something?

A hotel meeting room ... moderate size typically.

Jun 2, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #73 of 110
Hey guys I have some potentially silly questions...

Assuming I can make it, this would be my first meet - but I'd like to contribute and bring some gear (assuming people are interested - I assume some would want to hear the Compass since it seems to be FOTM these days)... so I have some questions.

How does all of this work? Do people generally set up their gear for everyone to hear and then walk around trying other people's rigs? Is there lots of connecting/disconnecting/reconnecting to try your gear with other sources/phones etc? Do most of you bring your headphones and try them out on other rigs, or leave them with your own? I mean I know there's no rules just curious about how it usually ends up working.

And... anyone bringing Denons or Stax? Always wanted to try those.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 2, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #74 of 110
I will bring my Lambda setup but it is very broken. Hopefully I might have it fixed by then. Last year it was a mix and match but I would say it was mostly headphones moving to different rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back