Northern California Meet Feb. 26 in San Mateo
Feb 20, 2005 at 12:49 AM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I went ahead and PMed everyone that expressed interest (and as far as I know can attend a Feb 26 meet) but not on the attendee list.

Thanks for doing that...I agree, the more the merrier!
orphsmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
600smile.gif
280smile.gif
confused.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
etysmile.gif
lambda.gif
eggosmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
k1000smile.gif
600smile.gif

Feb 20, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #17 of 56
So a meet finally got together! For me this will be a tentaive 'yes' that I'll show. If I do, here' is my setup:

HD-600 w/ custom DIY cable
MisterX Gilmore Dynalo amp (Gilmore Lite-ish) w/ Elpac PSU
Custom shielded DIY mini-RCA
Custom semi-shielded RCA-RCA's (got too lazy to fully shield when building
smily_headphones1.gif
)
Monster AV200 power conditioner

A pretty modest setup compared to the other gear coming along, but way better than 99.99% of average joe systems
smily_headphones1.gif
My sources are all PC based so I won't bring that (modded AV710 at work, EMU0404 at home).

--Illah

Feb 20, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #18 of 56
I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but if we decide to go a bit early to set up our gear, would they mind?

Feb 20, 2005 at 8:52 AM Post #19 of 56
Quote:

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but if we decide to go a bit early to set up our gear, would they mind?

How early is early? If you show up like after 12-noon, I'm sure it's OK.

Feb 20, 2005 at 8:59 AM Post #20 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by gundam91
How early is early? If you show up like after 12-noon, I'm sure it's OK.

early enough that I have my gear set up before 1PM.
tongue.gif
noon is fine, I don't think raif wants to leave that early. we are planning on leaving Berkeley around 11AM or so.

Feb 20, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #21 of 56
I am planning on getting there sometime after noon. But that all depends on how cooperative the baby will be.

Feb 22, 2005 at 11:38 AM Post #23 of 56
there may be another person coming to the meet....
wink.gif

as for me, I'm getting my gear ready and now I have a nice balanced cable for my HD650 made from solid silver wire. (as opposed to this cheap thing I made from some random RadioShack wire I had around.)

reserve me a large space for my gear. 6 feet of deskspace should do it. lol

Feb 22, 2005 at 10:21 PM Post #25 of 56
Okay, so I guess I'll announce that Xin will be going to the meet now that he's confirmed with me that he can make it.
biggrin.gif

He's bringing a nifty A/B tester that can test both source, amp and phones at the same time. Also, he will be bringing a computer/laptop for RMAA benchmarking if anyone wants to benchmark their gear.

He also said that he's willing to give strogg a ride from Davis. YGPM strogg.

Feb 22, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #26 of 56
Quote:

Okay, so I guess I'll announce that Xin will be going to the meet now that he's confirmed with me that he can make it.
biggrin.gif

He's bringing a nifty A/B tester that can test both source, amp and phones at the same time. Also, he will be bringing a computer/laptop for RMAA benchmarking if anyone wants to benchmark their gear.

Awesome! Is he going to bring any tiny little amps?

Feb 22, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #27 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarke68
Awesome! Is he going to bring any tiny little amps?

I would assume so, though he didn't say anything specific.

Feb 23, 2005 at 12:37 AM Post #28 of 56
as long as xin's there for me, i'll be there! you can put me down for a recabled K501 and S-5 K12-M slightly-modified. i'll also bring along a modded EMU 0404 assuming someone's going to bring a desktop computer.

EDIT: forgot to put a Creative Zen Xtra 60 gig in the list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back