Nordost Valhalla appreciation thread
Oct 8, 2006 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 276

Patrick82

Banned
Ever since I was born nothing was acceptable to me so I didn't want to buy anything. But then I found something to spend all of my life savings on: Nordost Valhalla cables.

Valhalla power cord is acceptable! It has an open window to the music that no other cable I tried has. It sounds like real life, and that isn't an overstatement!
It isn't perfect but it can be modded past the limit of human hearing, it's great. Anything better isn't needed!

Oct 8, 2006 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 276
I don't hear anything in front of music even when I try, I keep wondering should there be something there? But then I change cable and there it is! Horrible veil and haze in front
frown.gif
. Then I put back Valhalla and window is open again, how can it sound better than this? I don't hear anything wrong! Should there be something wrong? I don't hear it even with the most critical state of mind!

With 128 kbps mp3 the window is open, with WAV it is open. All I hear is the source. Even crappy recordings sound good with Valhalla cable. I am very sensitive to muddiness, I can't hear it anymore! Where is muddiness?

Oct 8, 2006 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 276
99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, talk about Nordost Valhallas, 98 bottles of beer on the wall.

98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, talk about Nordost Valhallas, 97 bottles of beer on the wall.

97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, talk about Nordost Valhallas, 96 bottles of beer on the wall...

Oct 8, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 276
It's difficult for people to join you in you appreciation thread as the Nordost Valhalla stuff is out of most headfiers price range.

Also for the record I would to state
blink.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, talk about Nordost Valhallas, 98 bottles of beer on the wall.

98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, talk about Nordost Valhallas, 97 bottles of beer on the wall.

97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, talk about Nordost Valhallas, 96 bottles of beer on the wall...

PM me when you get to the 5th beer if you dare to stand in your feet....
rolleyes.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #7 of 276
Sure Patrick, I hear it too...

Black as midnight
Black as pitch
Blacker than the fowlest witch.

SEE...Ok buddy... a couple deep breathes and a squeeze of the stress ball and things are going to be all right.

The troll is starved! C'mon people, for the love of humanity, don't you realize you have to feed it before it takes one of the village children.

Oct 8, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #10 of 276
Patrick is not a troll. People should stop calling him that. Being eccentric is not the same thing as being a troll. He really does own the Valhallas, he really did cut them up and rewire nearly everything with them, he really does own Brilliant Pebbles.

Oct 8, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #11 of 276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
I don't hear anything in front of music even when I try, I keep wondering should there be something there? But then I change cable and there it is! Horrible veil and haze in front
frown.gif
. Then I put back Valhalla and window is open again, how can it sound better than this? I don't hear anything wrong! Should there be something wrong? I don't hear it even with the most critical state of mind!

With 128 kbps mp3 the window is open, with WAV it is open. All I hear is the source. Even crappy recordings sound good with Valhalla cable. I am very sensitive to muddiness, I can't hear it anymore! Where is muddiness?

Perhaps this is a lead-in to his new Nordost Valhalla power cord loaner program
eggosmile.gif

Oct 9, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #12 of 276
Quote:

Originally Posted by ya8282
Perhaps this is a lead-in to his new Nordost Valhalla power cord loaner program
eggosmile.gif

Or a plug for all the cables he has for sale....
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #13 of 276
I have to give patrick at least some credit:

I also have some nordost cables of the reference series and the cables did more for my system then any other cable did thus far!

If you can't afford these cables, it doesn't mean this cables aren't good or better then others!

A porche 911 carera is better then a mid class car, yet the differences in cables and especially prices for good cables are not accepted.

Nobody however questions the need for a carera 911 to go from a to b!

I heard cables trought the whole range and can concur that the reference series of cables sounds best. period.

A smart man would buy these wonderful cables second hand for 1/3 of the price.
eggosmile.gif

Oct 9, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #14 of 276
TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY

Oct 9, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #15 of 276
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline
A porche 911 carera is better then a mid class car, yet the differences in cables and especially prices for good cables are not accepted.
Nobody however questions the need for a carera 911 to go from a to b!

One can easily make the argument that the benefits of a Porsche 911 Carrera over a "mid-class" car is easily quantifiable and measurable (eg. better acceleration times, shorter braking distances, better roadholding, etc.). With audio cables, the audible differences are extremely subjective. How can one measure "better soundstage," "darker background," etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back