NorCal/SF Bay Area Meet 8/8/2009
Jul 14, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #106 of 351
Plans are made for this Newbee to be there
smile_phones.gif
,missed CAN JAM 09' knowledge what i will be after. Is this a hands on meet ?, will vendors be there with goods for sale? is there a fee to get in ? raffle prizes ?

Jul 14, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #107 of 351
not sure what you mean by a hands on meet?
Some vendors are attending they are listed in my first post, local meets typically do not see vendors bringing inventory for sale. No fee to get in but donations to assist in covering the room are appreciated (suggested donation is in the $10-20 range) I do not hold a raffle for the local meets as they are more casual than something like CanJam.

Hope to see you there, this is a great group of people with tons a great gear and experience.

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #109 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALL EARS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plans are made for this Newbee to be there
smile_phones.gif
,missed CAN JAM 09' knowledge what i will be after. Is this a hands on meet ?, will vendors be there with goods for sale? is there a fee to get in ? raffle prizes ?

JP
I mean when i say "Hands On" can i listen to other Head Fi's equipment ?
first meet and all ,just want to know what i can and can not do
Do i bring my RS-1 and SE530 and can hook up to various systems?
thanks

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #110 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALL EARS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I mean when i say "Hands On" can i listen to other Head Fi's equipment ?
Do i bring my RS-1 and SE530 and can hook up to various systems?

Yes and yes. That's what meets are all about. Before you do anything with someone's rig, though, ask first.

Jul 18, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #114 of 351
is there anyone out there that can layout tables with numbers on them please so I can get table assignments going please. Here is a pic of the layout
tibsau.gif

I figure 8 tables along the 62 ft wall, 3 tables along the 22 foot wall and maybe 6 tables along the wall with the three door openings. Most likely we will not need that many tables (20) as that would be 40 rigs but we may be close.

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #115 of 351
Someone should be able to put together a quick Visio diagram JP. Do we know the table size that is available? (6ft or 8ft) Looks like the diagram shows a divider that may be useful to cut down one some sound levels (close it down 2/3 or so if possible)

... and you know me... if I am coming... I need A table.. :)

Cheers,

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #116 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone should be able to put together a quick Visio diagram JP. Do we know the table size that is available? (6ft or 8ft) Looks like the diagram shows a divider that may be useful to cut down one some sound levels (close it down 2/3 or so if possible)

... and you know me... if I am coming... I need A table.. :)

Cheers,

You need a steel reinforced table

They use 6 foot tables according to my event coordinator. I'd be open to creating two rooms, anyone else have an opnion ?

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #118 of 351
I will come. I want to bring a system too. What is required for that?

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #119 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll probably drive up for this, pending the equipment list. Would love to hear Eddie Current's new amps again as well as mikeymad's WA5 if it's going to be present.

I'll be bringing a Zana Deux for you to listen to. I might bring the Moth Si2A3, too, but I've got to look at how much I can reasonably pack for the drive.

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #120 of 351
Is anyone driving from the greater LA area that would be willing to give me a ride? I'll be traveling light (gear in my sig + my macbook) and I'd gladly chip in for gas money. Hit me up if you'd like the pleasure of my company during the long drive up north
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back