NorCal/SF Bay Area Meet 8/8/2009
Jul 21, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #136 of 351
DAMN!!! I'm going to miss y'all by a week.
frown.gif

Have fun!!

Jul 24, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #142 of 351
Hey guys,

Thinking of coming to this meet with the HE90 though. I'm having some problems with my ES-1, thinking it is the tubes. Hopefully I can get it straightened out.

EDIT

The left channel is all messed up. I thought maybe it was a tube problem. However, I have changed tons of tubes lately, and no matter what tubes are in, the left channel is quiet and distorted. Almost as if the left side is not pushing and pulling like a stat shoud
frown.gif
So im thinking its definetly the amp?

I just read the millions of pages of Singlepower crazyness. I had been on a year long leave from headfi due to school. I was thinking of sending the ES-1 back to Mikhail, but I dont think so now.

I've got a HE90 that I cant listen to, and im unsure what to do now, hah.

Anyone brining an amp that I can hook the HE90 upto?

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #143 of 351
Sorry to hear about your SP amp, my advice would be NOT to send it to Mikhail for repair based on his track record.

Theme of the meet is "Stax and Dacs" as we'll have the woo and headamp offerings as well as some stax amps.

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #144 of 351
Cheers strung. my ES-1 has HE90 jack.. you could plug into... My tube selection is pretty much setup for O2's... but you are more than welcome to share the amp... if no others are available....

(I did a lot of research and learning and worked on my own ES-1, but I would probably not advise it, lots of high voltage stuff in there. I would probably find a friend of a friend that has experience to take a look at it first before sending it back to the black hole of SP)....

Cheers,

Jul 26, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #146 of 351
I am planning to attend - looking forward to my first event.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #147 of 351
Yes!
smily_headphones1.gif
The PPAS is up and running, we'll have one happy winner there. A little background noise with super-sensitive IEMs (well, it is based off PPA design, not really an IEM amp), but no noise with normal headphones until you get to "way too loud to listen to" levels without music playing.

I would be happy to run the raffle; nothing fancy, will just drop by a store to grab ticket numbers and draw from a hat.

Jul 27, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #149 of 351
I just realized it could be nice to compile a list on the front page with the members who are bringing gear along, and what their setup(s) will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back