NorCal/SF Bay Area Meet 8/8/2009
Jun 21, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #46 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so you DID get some 800's, huh? I thought you were 'sold' on doing the spkr route, only?

I have not seen or heard the 800's in person yet, myself.

I am still sold on the speaker route. And... I went and bought the HD-800s anyway.
redface.gif

These things happen.
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #47 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news on the gear front. Jack Wu contacted me and offered to send the final souped-up prototype of the WES electrostatic amp in time for the meet. It is not the same amp that was at CanJam, and Jack is very excited about the final result. Go Team Woo!
smily_headphones1.gif

Great news!

I was a little let down by the sound of the one he had in LA. I'm glad it wasn't the final-final. That's show biz though. Even when you know that it isn't ready for prime time, when the curtain goes up,.. it's time ta dance!

Jack should be picking up a lot of the sales that would've gone to SinglePower IMHO. The voicing is similar but the build is in a whole different league.
A real pro!

Jun 24, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #50 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sp0rkG0d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If there's anyone driving down from somewhere in the Marin/Napa/Sonoma area and is willing to give a ride to a perfect stranger I'd be more then happy to pitch in on gas as I'm not entirely sure my car would actually make it there and back.
Which I admit probably makes going to this meet a bad idea since I should be looking at getting a new car rather then a new pair of headphones but I just can't resist.

Hopefully a Marin County member can hook you up there are 3 or 4 folks up that way potentially. You may need to meet them somewhere though to make it easy on both of you, I hope you can come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like I am going to be making this meet..looking forward to meting you all again ...
beerchug.gif

Rock out, glad you can make, I'll bring the soldering iron.

Jun 24, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #51 of 351
Put me down as tentative. My wife's bday is 8/6 so I need to let her know she will be going to headphone meet. It's a good thing our couch is comfortable.

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #53 of 351
Is it too early to ask that I don't have a car and would really appreciate it if somebody coming from San Francisco give me a ride (with some trunk room because I plan to bring some serious equipment
tongue.gif
)? Anybody nice enough to do so will get a pair of custom interconnects.
smily_headphones1.gif
Unless of course it's my buddy rhythmdevils, he gets a special present
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #54 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it too early to ask that I don't have a car and would really appreciate it if somebody coming from San Francisco give me a ride (with some trunk room because I plan to bring some serious equipment
tongue.gif
)? Anybody nice enough to do so will get a pair of custom interconnects.
smily_headphones1.gif
Unless of course it's my buddy rhythmdevils, he gets a special present
wink.gif

I am more than happy to give you a lift. I have a mini van but live in Cupertino. It will be easier for someone who lives in the city to drive you. At least you know that you have a back up.
If it happens, buy me a drink instead!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #56 of 351
ok i am locking in the hotel on Monday with a deposit so we are definite for 8/8 at the Doubletree in Burlingame. I'm going to see if we can get a local audio dealer or two to attend given the interest in dacs recently.

Jun 27, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #57 of 351
Sweet I need to let Audeze know I think they are sending one of their guys up. Product should have shipped by then... very tempted to up my order to 2 pairs
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #58 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome, bring the Reference1 DAC
smily_headphones1.gif

No way that things going bye-bye ;p He's a Parasound convert now! (Though to be fair the Parasound he has doesn't spank it, but it does better in a few areas including detail but isn't as airy and some other random stuff but it was only 90 bucks).

Jun 27, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #59 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet!

Assuming the HF-2 actually ships before August 8, of course.
biggrin.gif

The HD-800 will be there - I've got it on right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back