Noob remarks... share your experiences
Feb 6, 2007 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

goorackerelite

100+ Head-Fier
I was showcasing my HD650s off to my friend and the first things that he asked was

" do those go loud? " " do they have bass? " " do they block out noise? "

I'd be interested in hearing about other peoples experiences with noob comments.

Feb 6, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 70
"Those don't even noise cancel." < response to what i paid for ER-4P

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"What's that yellow ****?"

a response to earwax on my marshmallows.

For a split of a second I forgot I was on Head-Fi, discussing headphones.
Shock and awe, earwax and marshmallows
eek.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #5 of 70
HD650s at my school..... "Are those speakers on the outside?"

"Are those Bose?", my response-"No", then they say-"Why would you get those then? Bose is the besT"

"Are those noise cancelling?"

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by NtD Gr3nade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Are those Bose?", my response-"No", then they say-"Why would you get those then? Bose is the besT"

"

LOL.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #8 of 70
I was at Rat Shack today trying to find a cable(mini to rca) to temporarily use with my newly purchased Squeezebox and asked if they had anything better than the monster cable designed for the ipod.

The guy responded with something like "monster cable is the best there is, no need to look any further!"

I pulled my Tomahawk/ipod/alo jumbo cryo out of my pocket and showed it to him. His eyes bulged and he asked:

"what's that, a battery pack and how does that xlr connection work with the ipod and battery?"

I briefly explained what all of it was and how it worked and then he noticed my IEM's(shure e500) He said:

"those most be those new bose headphones so you can take advantage of all that equipment"

wink.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #9 of 70
So my roomates n00b friends were having some sort of singing practice for some upcoming show. Let me call the singer Miss A, the guy with the laptop which has the song to be sung Mr.B.

B: Dang! You are going off in that second line, let me play the song and show you where

<Proceeds to play song>

A:I cant make out anything your laptop speakers suck, if only I can get some headphones

Since I had no other go but to sit and listen to the wonderful practice session, thought I might as well help out atleast a bit, so I proceeded to give her my HD465's.

A:Ooh, these look nice.

B:Man those are big, which ones are those

<I open my mouth to start saying sennheiser, but A goes>

A:These are those noise cancelling headphones that they use in studios for professional recording

<I choose to keep quiet>
<A connects the headphones to the laptop and starts listening to the song, and starts singing along with it, half way through the song, she goes>

A:Hey these don't block out noise, I can hear myself singing
<I just start telling her that these arent noise cancelling headphones, but she interrupts before I can start and says>

A:Oh I know whats happening, the laptops inbuilt microphone is picking up my singing and playing it back through the headphones, this must be how they do it in the studios

<I exit stage left>

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 70
l0l!!!!

Something really funny happened to me. I gave my mum my MS1's to try out (you know, so she could hear how good they are and realize they were worth $99)

The first thing she said was "They're not comfortable at all". I expected this. But when I turned around, I saw that she was wearing them backwards, with the grilles on her ears
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #11 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A:Oh I know whats happening, the laptops inbuilt microphone is picking up my singing and playing it back through the headphones, this must be how they do it in the studios

<I exit stage left>

biggrin.gif
This must be the best thing I've heard all day. Did you let her use it till the end of practise?

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #12 of 70
i forgot another

"This is '06, not '96, *****!"

in response to my gigantic ATH-900LTD headphones...

edit: sorry about the bleeps, but hey i'm just quoting.
wink.gif

i think "uninformed" is a better word than "noob". we're all civil here, after all..

Feb 6, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #14 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But when I turned around, I saw that she was wearing them backwards, with the grilles on her ears
biggrin.gif

icon10.gif

That was so awesome. Hey they sound pretty decent backwards..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back