Noob Needs Advice on New Cans
Dec 23, 2012 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sandydankness

New Head-Fier
Hello all, first off this is a wonderful site, I've learned alot in the last few hours.  Now to the question.  I've had several decent pairs of headphones in the past, and they've all blown out, physically broke, had cord issues, etc. and I want a nice yet "durable" pair of headphones.  I like all kinds of music, from trance/metal/rap/country/classical, and want an all around sound, with emphasis on bass, but not retardedly bassy.  From what i've read on the searchbar, I'm ready to pull the trigger on some Audio Technica ATH M-50's.  I'm also really torn between the Sennheiser HD 449's, and Shure RH 440's.  I can't spend more than 150, which is why I'm not including the beyer dt 770 80, which is just out of my range.  I want loud, clear sound, and most importantly a set of cans I won't have to replace in 6 months.  Please give me some advice on which set you would get and why.

Thanks, 
Sandman

Edit, I forgot to include that I will listen to them on a combination of MP3 player, C.D. player, or Yamaha Reciever, and would prefer not to buy an amp yet, however will once I save up for some real headphones.

Dec 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 4
Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) headphones, currently sell for around $85-$88.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back