Noob Here. Ad900 or Fa-003/Fa-002w?
Mar 5, 2011 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Fongk

New Head-Fier
Hey i'm looking to purchase my first set of headphones and i'm wondering which of the 2 would be a better choice. I know the ad900 is open and the fa-003 is closed but i don't really know the advantages of each. I'll be using the headphones at home so i don't really need isolation. I don't really listen to any specific types of music in particular but i do like mids and treble over bass. If theres anything better than these 2, unamped, around the $250 mark please let me know. Thanks

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 7
NOTE I HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH CANS

However, looking at reviews the AD900 seem more bassy and less comfortable. From this standpoint I'd get the Fischer's. 

My unexperienced $.02

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #3 of 7

Quote:
Hey i'm looking to purchase my first set of headphones and i'm wondering which of the 2 would be a better choice. I know the ad900 is open and the fa-003 is closed but i don't really know the advantages of each. I'll be using the headphones at home so i don't really need isolation. I don't really listen to any specific types of music in particular but i do like mids and treble over bass. If theres anything better than these 2, unamped, around the $250 mark please let me know. Thanks

+1

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:09 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
NOTE I HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH CANS

However, looking at reviews the AD900 seem more bassy and less comfortable. From this standpoint I'd get the Fischer's. 

My unexperienced $.02

huh? I think you are thinking about the a900. The ad900 is not bassy at all. Its about as bassy as a k701 and as far as comfort, they are one of the most comfortable headphones out there :)

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #5 of 7
Yes, I have the AD900 and bassy is the last word I would use to describe it.   They are very comfortable for me, the wing system works well and they put little pressure on your head but they are designed such that the driver housing touches your ear like a on-ear headphone.  The rest lightly so I don't mind this but it bothers some people.  

Apr 25, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
huh? I think you are thinking about the a900. The ad900 is not bassy at all. Its about as bassy as a k701 and as far as comfort, they are one of the most comfortable headphones out there :)

Quote:
Yes, I have the AD900 and bassy is the last word I would use to describe it.   They are very comfortable for me, the wing system works well and they put little pressure on your head but they are designed such that the driver housing touches your ear like a on-ear headphone.  The rest lightly so I don't mind this but it bothers some people.  

Yes, I done goofed. I was thinking about the wrong set of headphones!

Apr 25, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #7 of 7
I would probably go with the ad900 if i had no other phones, because I prefer an open headphone. However, seeing as i own a pair of grado's I would pick up the fischers for noise isolation and the neutrality that they are known for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back