Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Jan 29, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #5,956 of 6,432
Quote:
When people mistake you for a person with hearing disability and offer you their seat on the bus, because your Westone 4R's look like hearing aids.

Buying Custom in ears to get a seat offered in the bus. Totally worth it. :D

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #5,957 of 6,432
Quote:
When people mistake you for a person with hearing disability and offer you their seat on the bus, because your Westone 4R's look like hearing aids.

Thanks for that.... That was my laugh dosage for the day
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #5,958 of 6,432
Quote:

Are you spending your money, or your parents money? If your parents are giving you money, then I can see how they might want input on the purchase. However if you are working outside of home, then I can't see their issue. It's part of growing up. You get to discover the world in ways they don't expect.  Just tell them at least its not drugs. :)

Im 15 and I have 700$ in my secret safe :3, only issue is that my parents would notice that I got headphones the size of my fridge and would wonder how much they cost, honestly I wouldn't want to have to lie to my parents since the truth would come out one way or another eventually. Might just have to beg them non stop, usually works out! If I try to reason with them that doesn't work either, might work with my mom but not with my dad << he negotiates with chinese people >> so whenever I enter an arguement with him it ends after 2 minutes because hes quite astute in such situations and although he knows I have the money he doesnt want me to spend it on headphones. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #5,959 of 6,432
Quote:
 although he knows I have the money he doesnt want me to spend it on headphones. 

Just tell him: Dad, it's going to be either headphones or drugs, your choice...

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #5,960 of 6,432
Quote:

Just tell him: Dad, it's going to be either headphones or drugs, your choice...

Headphones and amplifiers or drugs and prostitutes. IN THE HOUSE,

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #5,961 of 6,432
headphones are kind of a drug, though not literally one but they tend to behave like one most of the time

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #5,964 of 6,432
Quote:

When that happens you might as well play into it. Add a slight limp and a bit of a drag. Smattering of drool and slurring helps. Oh wait, that might just be a regular night home after the bar. 
smile.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #5,965 of 6,432
Quote:
Im 15 and I have 700$ in my secret safe :3, only issue is that my parents would notice that I got headphones the size of my fridge and would wonder how much they cost, honestly I wouldn't want to have to lie to my parents since the truth would come out one way or another eventually. Might just have to beg them non stop, usually works out! If I try to reason with them that doesn't work either, might work with my mom but not with my dad << he negotiates with chinese people >> so whenever I enter an arguement with him it ends after 2 minutes because hes quite astute in such situations and although he knows I have the money he doesnt want me to spend it on headphones. 

You don't lie to your parents? What the hell? What is this world coming to? My childhood was just a long string of attempts to out wit my parents. It never worked... but thats the besides the point.

Listen, here is a golden nugget of wisdom and it applies to all relationships: Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Jan 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #5,967 of 6,432
question, i have never heard a good set of headphones, im thinking of jumping in and getting the HE-500's with my income tax before i blow it on something stupid, and waiting  couple weeks and getting the Woo audio WA7, as someone who has only owned sp2500 speakers from corsair, is this right to do or should i start lower then the he-500's. say the he-400's and maybe fiio or schiit mm combo? i enjoy jazz, ambient, female vocal, occasional hip hop, acoustic. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #5,968 of 6,432
Quote:

That's another audience. How many of us are parents? I have a 4 year old and he's about to get his world rocked by audio, books, movies. He just doens't know it yet. 
cool.gif
  It's our duty to expose them as young as possible to quality music, product and experiences. While were at it, teach 'em how not to become elitist snobs. lol.

I think good high end experience, especially with headphones is reasonably within the grasp of most people today. The mid-market is getting really good.

My father has never had much money, but he bought some opera vinyls and show them to me on a sorry, crappy
turntable when I was around 11 or so. The year was about '84.

That was the best sq we could have, which was something slightly better than am radio. But the seed was planted.

I find myself on the second level of ancient chinese mastery of audiophile, so the seed has grown a bit, it seems. 
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #5,969 of 6,432
Quote:
When a close friend looks at your Tera Player and says,

"THAT'S it? For $1000???"

Well, you have to admit that's a very unassuming little piece of heaven...

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #5,970 of 6,432
Quote:
question, i have never heard a good set of headphones, im thinking of jumping in and getting the HE-500's with my income tax before i blow it on something stupid, and waiting  couple weeks and getting the Woo audio WA7, as someone who has only owned sp2500 speakers from corsair, is this right to do or should i start lower then the he-500's. say the he-400's and maybe fiio or schiit mm combo? i enjoy jazz, ambient, female vocal, occasional hip hop, acoustic. 

Wrong thread. Try here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/529144/full-size-headphone-recommendations-thread-i-e-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here-please-read-op

Users who are viewing this thread

Back