Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Sep 17, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #4,861 of 6,432
It's always fun to let a Beats-user borrow my Grado Sr-80's.  They try to hide the smile behind a quick defensive remark about how they have the superior headphones. So I just laugh and get some pizza with the money I saved.

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #4,863 of 6,432
Mine is worth roughly a fifth of my headphone setup. lol

Quote:
At one point my car was worth less than half of my headphone/audio equipment.
redface.gif

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #4,864 of 6,432
Well guess what, in my crazy ass country before you can own a car, you have to buy this thingy called a certificate of entitlement and the current rate at which the certificate price is now is at about $66000-$70000USD. So buying a car here, even a cheap toyota is expensive. Let alone a Mercedes or BMW. Dont even get started on lambos and ferraris car prices here are nuts. And the government gets alot of moneyyyy

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #4,865 of 6,432
It'd probably be better that way here, honestly. There'd be less idiot drivers on the roads and people would also invest a lot more in decent public transportation. 

Quote:
Well guess what, in my crazy ass country before you can own a car, you have to buy this thingy called a certificate of entitlement and the current rate at which the certificate price is now is at about $66000-$70000USD. So buying a car here, even a cheap toyota is expensive. Let alone a Mercedes or BMW. Dont even get started on lambos and ferraris car prices here are nuts. And the government gets alot of moneyyyy

Sep 17, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #4,866 of 6,432
Quote:

malaysia has 100%-300% taxes on imported cars
so this means they will cost X2-X4 their USA counterparts over here

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #4,870 of 6,432
Indeed am i like the only one here who does not name his stuff?? :eek:

If you don't wanna talk about headphones and gear then why would you join a forum whose sole purpose is to bring audiophiles together.
There's nothing wrong with talking about something that you love in a forum designed for it.
If you're own setup is that uninteresting that you don't wanna talk about it then I believe you are no true audiophile.
Stop trying to be "different".

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #4,872 of 6,432
You, my friend, are a ******.

Ha ha.. I wasn't trying to be rude but I felt I and my fellow head-fi members were being looked down upon for having discussions about our own setups. That and I'm a real ***** most of the time.

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #4,874 of 6,432
Ha ha.. I wasn't trying to be rude but I felt I and my fellow head-fi members were being looked down upon for having discussions about our own setups. That and I'm a real ***** most of the time.

If you don't wanna talk about headphones and gear then why would you join a forum whose sole purpose is to bring audiophiles together.
There's nothing wrong with talking about something that you love in a forum designed for it.
If you're own setup is that uninteresting that you don't wanna talk about it then I believe you are no true audiophile.
Stop trying to be "different".
Haha. Just tell me how am I looking down on your fellow head fiers? And we are just having a friendly discussion here, I don't see how I am offending anyone. Cld you please tell me your logic behind this? And btw hi :D

Sep 17, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #4,875 of 6,432
Ah... the joys of audio.

Quote:
the first time my girl tried my ah-d2000's she started crying. she says it was the song (yesterday, by the beatles), but we at head-fi know better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back