Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
May 23, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #4,426 of 6,432
Quote:
 Perhaps they were not positioned perfectly for the Ultrasone effect to work properly (S-Logic as it's called I believe?) but it's not a sound signature I care for.

That's cool, but many claim it to be the best closed headphone currently in production.  They sound a bit better than my DX1000s but listening choices depend on my mood.  Pretty happy with either for closed/ie 80% of time, otherwise go for the Zana Deux into the HD800s.  

May 23, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #4,427 of 6,432
Quote:
blink.gif

Well, figures. Most don't know any better...

But still! Just look at the HD 800! How could anyone take a look at both of those headphones and say that Bose is the better?

May 23, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #4,428 of 6,432
maybe because the hd800 is alot bigger than the bose. i personally want to use an hd800 as a portable-- i don't mind if it is open but i just want to see people's faces when they see me. weird.. i know.

May 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #4,429 of 6,432
Not sure where else to post this, but I have to say...

My recent ventures into Head-Fi have spoiled me. Whenever I fire up my 1994 Toyota Camry and turn on the radio, the music just sounds AWFUL.

May 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #4,430 of 6,432
Not my car.  I rock out in my car regularly (stock speakers), but since joining head-fi, and educating myself (and adhering and getting used to) proper listening levels, movie theaters sound awful to me.  It's just too loud.  

One thing that helped my car speakers was adjusting the fade to fall between Front and Rear (but a tad closer to front), it gives it a much more relaxed sound.  I also EQ tonal balance based on mood and recording.  

May 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #4,431 of 6,432
Funny story my brother told me last time he visited. He was in the middle of his deployment on the nuclear sub and mostly everyone else on the sub had beats ibuds. He decided to bring his Denon D510R's along with him (at least I think that's what he brought) and his shipmates got a little curious since they never seen a denon before. Bro decided to let a few of his friends demo them and they got pissed telling my bro that they just wasted $300 on the beats. Kinda bitter sweet I guess. 

May 28, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #4,433 of 6,432
this idiot friend of mine who listens to his iphone with the volume on full blast with his ibuds.
hes worst than those who like the sloppy flabby over exaggerated bass.
to them its "not enough bass".
this guy goes "not loud enough".
to this certain person "loudness = quality".

May 28, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #4,434 of 6,432
I let one of my girlfriends try out my new HD-650's the other day. The first thing she
asked was how much did it cost me of course. She is the type of person that would
never spend more than $50 on audio equipment.

I let her pick a song that she liked from my computer. She then started listening to
Enya. She pretty much listened to the whole song. I could tell she was enjoying it.
And when it was finished she looked over and said,  "I think I should start listening to
music again! It so good for the soul!"

May 28, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #4,435 of 6,432
Quote:
*snip*

I let her pick a song that she liked from my computer. She then started listening to
Enya. She pretty much listened to the whole song. I could tell she was enjoying it.
And when it was finished she looked over and said,  "I think I should start listening to
music again! It is so good for the soul!"

damn true!!! 

May 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #4,437 of 6,432
Quote:
he must be going deaf 
frown.gif

this guy full blasted my k701s on his iphone when i wasnt around.
and says they're not loud enough. i was scared he might blow my k701's drivers
so i told him my rx700 can go way louder
so he started rocking on those and i plugged back my k701 to my amp like where its suppose to belong.
those rx700s and his ears are a small price to pay for the safety of my k701s.
i did warn him about that ear shattering volume.
but this guy is like "did you know i cant hear myself talk with these guys on?"(rx700)
thank god both my "seven O's" are fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back