Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
May 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #4,397 of 6,432
Best buy has a lot of cans, for demo these days (at least by me) but i've never seen the 800s... nore anything i'm interested in lol.

I saw a thread discussing Bestbuys... Some of them are apparently being outfitted to carry high end headphones such as the HD800 while here in Canada the best we can demo is the bose qc15 >.>
Honestly, here's the lineup at my local bestbuy:
Skullcandy aviator
Bose QC15
Sennheiser hd428
Beats Pros/Studios
Skullcandy GI or something.

May 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #4,398 of 6,432
My friend, during the last period of class. I think this is pretty self explanatory in its own right.

May 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #4,400 of 6,432
Quote:
Isn't that an iPhone 3GS? If it is, why are you using an external amp with the Q701? You know, because they have an impedance of 62.

Because they need a lot of current.........

May 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #4,401 of 6,432
Quote:
Isn't that an iPhone 3GS? If it is, why are you using an external amp with the Q701? You know, because they have an impedance of 62.

Nope. iPhone 4. And yes, the Q701's need a lot of juice.

May 8, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #4,402 of 6,432
I thought they had stuff like HD598, Shure Srh1440 and AKG k550 now? We always get people coming to our store to price match bestbuy's prices lol
Quote:
I saw a thread discussing Bestbuys... Some of them are apparently being outfitted to carry high end headphones such as the HD800 while here in Canada the best we can demo is the bose qc15 >.>
Honestly, here's the lineup at my local bestbuy:
Skullcandy aviator
Bose QC15
Sennheiser hd428
Beats Pros/Studios
Skullcandy GI or something.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #4,403 of 6,432
I thought they had stuff like HD598, Shure Srh1440 and AKG k550 now? We always get people coming to our store to price match bestbuy's prices lol

Not at my local bestbuy...
The best sennheiser is the rs120/hd428
They have all the bose, beats and skullcandy products.
They have some very low end pioneer and some ultimate ears buds (not even the superfi)

May 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #4,404 of 6,432
Not at my local bestbuy...
The best sennheiser is the rs120/hd428
They have all the bose, beats and skullcandy products.
They have some very low end pioneer and some ultimate ears buds (not even the superfi)

Yeah, my local only had Skullcandy Aviators, Klipsch One, an assortment of Beats, and a couple of other brands that didn't impress me much because I don't remember what they are. If they had flagships available to demo, I'd probably spend a lot more time there.

May 10, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #4,405 of 6,432
what cable do you use for the lcd2 to use the balanced mode on the 71b?
Quote:
Fun thread!

Recently I had a couple of friends audition the LCD-2 driven by iPod -> CLAS -> SR-71B.
They were both astonished and agreed they never listened to anything even remotely as good. Some of their words: "they sound is so clear!" or "I hear all these sounds coming from different directions" and stuff like that.

Then I told them to play Radiohead's In Rainbows album and "man, this bass kicks ass!"

Their impressions were all strangely similar to my first experience listening to really good headphones (HD600)... funny huh?

-- thiago

May 11, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #4,407 of 6,432
So my parents gave me the fiio e17 for my birthday and they wanted me to show the entire family my headphones (entire being my parents and grand parents).

So they tried my t5p+fiio e17 combo with some lossless music.
They started exclaiming that they've never heard music this good before, etc.
My grandma even started dancing around and stuff. It was pretty funny.

May 21, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #4,408 of 6,432
Let's bring this thread back!

Got a few people to listen to my LCD-2s here at work today, one older guy I work with said they took him back to his old analog days and that he was tempted to go buy himself a setup and then beg forgiveness from his wife. He also then came up to me the next day and told me it took a whole day after that before his earbuds (some Bose noise cancelling ones) were even tolerable again.

Had another guy listen to a song he brought over and about halfway through proclaim that it was like it was the first time he was actually hearing the song.

I've actually got another friend here who, upon hearing the first guy say he had such a hard time going back to his earbuds, decided that he didn't want to listen to them :)

Also had a couple more neutral reactions, but I suspect it was mainly because they were listening to whatever I had playing at the time and not their own music.

May 21, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #4,409 of 6,432
Quote:
Let's bring this thread back!

Got a few people to listen to my LCD-2s here at work today, one older guy I work with said they took him back to his old analog days and that he was tempted to go buy himself a setup and then beg forgiveness from his wife. He also then came up to me the next day and told me it took a whole day after that before his earbuds (some Bose noise cancelling ones) were even tolerable again.

Had another guy listen to a song he brought over and about halfway through proclaim that it was like it was the first time he was actually hearing the song.

I've actually got another friend here who, upon hearing the first guy say he had such a hard time going back to his earbuds, decided that he didn't want to listen to them :)

Also had a couple more neutral reactions, but I suspect it was mainly because they were listening to whatever I had playing at the time and not their own music.

You evil little thing, you... >=D

Did you at least apolagize about their wallets?

May 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #4,410 of 6,432
Quote:

Nope. iPhone 4. And yes, the Q701's need a lot of juice.

+1

out of all headphones ive had including dt 990 - 600 and lcd-2, k701 needed the most juice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back