Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Apr 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #4,381 of 6,432
Gave my friend a pair of those Monoprice earbuds... He was freaking out, then just sat with a blank look on his face and a excited look in his eyes staring for about 10 minutes, took 'em out and says 'i'll never be able to listen to those apple whites again.' Anyways, I just so happened to have 4 pairs of them, (xP) and i'm pretty sure I made about... 4 conversions today. 
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #4,384 of 6,432
I let my roommate listen to my MS2i's. He never said a word, but when I got back from winter break he had a pair of sr60i's on his head.

May 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #4,385 of 6,432
I let my brother give my headphones a listen, Since he listens to rap so i put on a rap song. I guess I should had checked the quailty of the net stream. As he thought htey was ok, but then he does listen to cheap headphones. Now on a song my nieces like, they loved the headphones and started to bop there heads.

May 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #4,386 of 6,432
M friend was tired of people getting the same beats out of uniquenesshe had the solos and I got him to listen to MOG 320 bitrate he heard instruments he didnt know where in the song and he understands,where they sound sonically and he plans on buying the sennheiser amperior thats one conversion Also how much of a difference would it be for me ging from 20 dollar altec lansng headphones thecthe vmoda m80s would I have a reaction as great as these.

May 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #4,387 of 6,432
I gave my dads friend my grados after him listening to my dads other friends beats. He was amazed by how much better my grados sounded while playing " santeria" by sublime. The look on his face was just priceless,

May 7, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #4,388 of 6,432
Quote:
M friend was tired of people getting the same beats out of uniquenesshe had the solos and I got him to listen to MOG 320 bitrate he heard instruments he didnt know where in the song and he understands,where they sound sonically and he plans on buying the sennheiser amperior thats one conversion Also how much of a difference would it be for me ging from 20 dollar altec lansng headphones thecthe vmoda m80s would I have a reaction as great as these.

It's a little bit confusing to read your posts, maybe you should try a little harder when using punctuation characters.

May 7, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #4,390 of 6,432
I apologize I was attempting to Swype on my phone .I said I introduced him to 320kbs music instead of iTunes and songs download with lower bitrates. He had beats solo and I convinced him to get the upcoming sennheiser amperiors. If bitrate made this big of a difference, how big of a difference would 20$ earbuds be compared to the
v-moda m80.

May 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #4,391 of 6,432
Quote:
Has anyone tried to give a non-audiophile a pair of HD800 to try?

Not that I have seen, I let my friend use my HE-500's and he had the dumbest look on his face, he came to the realization that it was like having the person in the room playing to you, and that it's the best experience with music he's ever had...Proud day.

May 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #4,394 of 6,432
Quote:

Apparently they're up for demo at some Best Buys. If you camp out there long enough you might see one.

May 7, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #4,395 of 6,432

I brought my friend, a guy that uses apple earbuds, to SSI, a high end speaker show (with a small section for headphones) and I made him try on most of the flagships. It was pretty priceless. He wants a nice pair of grados now (He listens mainly to rock so it makes sense).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back