Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Jan 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #3,886 of 6,432
talking in bad pilots,i saw at the metro news paper,that verstappen (a good dutch driver) has been involved in an accident and then escaped!!!!hahah what the hell.
i remember in a monaco gran prix coultard really had a hard time to overtake him.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #3,890 of 6,432
I wonder what a 2002 Ferrari V10 would sound like through a pair of SR009
o2smile.gif

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #3,891 of 6,432

Quote:
I was being sarcastic, finland has an amazing F1 legacy for a relatively small country.

As the saying goes

'If you want to win, hire a Finn'

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #3,892 of 6,432
Heheh, to continue off-topic, I must say that Häkkinen was good. But that is all. Räikkönen won just one championship, then tried something else, and after that he thinks that someone still wants to hire him for a big money while there's more hungry drivers around. And Rosberg is not a finn, he can't even speak finnish.

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #3,895 of 6,432
back on topic,i had not surprise about their reaction when i told my collegue of work i was going to buy a  3  months-of-work pair of headphones (hd800,because im not livin in a first wolrd already "developed" country,so i should be rich,as im not,or i have to save up for a long time).
obviuosly is a massive brutal amount of money,they thing im going nuts,but thinking seriously,i `m thinking i am really going to.
and it will be probably the last headphone of my life.
its the same when somebody tell you is going to spend 2000 dollars in a single montblanc or rolex.

anyway,im not pointing out that someone else hobbies is craziness,but the difference between a bic and a montblanc,or between a swatch and a rolex,in relation to two pair of headphones is remarkably clear,cause they will write somewhat by the same way,as the watches will point out the same time,while the difference of sound between a sr80i and a t1 will be huge.

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #3,896 of 6,432

Quote:

anyway,im not pointing out that someone else hobbies is craziness,but the difference between a bic and a montblanc,or between a swatch and a rolex,in relation to two pair of headphones is remarkably clear,cause they will write somewhat by the same way,as the watches will point out the same time,while the difference of sound between a sr80i and a t1 will be huge.

I feel that a lot of watch collectors tend to overlook functionality for other aspects such as collectability, vintage and brand not to mention rarity
 along with a few unique features.

It could be argued that some also value this for headphones, I know of two guys who bought the Ultrasone Ed 10 with no intention of
 listening to it, they use it as a mantle-piece display can you believe..

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #3,897 of 6,432

Quote:
 I feel that a lot of watch collectors tend to overlook functionality for other aspects such as collectability, vintage and brand not to mention rarity

It could be argued that some also value this for headphones, I know of two guys who bought the Ultrasone Ed 10 with no intention of

hahaha i wont blame them!!!

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #3,898 of 6,432
Quote:

hahaha i wont blame them!!!

Lol, I auditioned an ed10 in an airport, not a big fan of the sound but sure they look gorgeous.

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #3,899 of 6,432
Figured you all would get a chuckle out of this.  I unleashed a pair of Senn HD25-1-ii on a group of urban middle school 8th graders.  One of my students in that class came in while I was grabbing my 20 minutes of lunch and reading the forum.  He asked me what I was doing and I mentioned head fi and audio in general to him.  His class is very big on music (instead of doing work sadly) and I told him I would bring in a decent pair of headphones.  The class uses all kinds of very low end earbuds, with the highest end audio they had being a pair of skullcandy headphones and having heard beats owned by relatives.  You should have seen the jaws drop as I let them hear these.  I also told another student prior to this and he was so proud as he brought in his new Shure 440s.
Warping the minds of students, one class at a time.

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #3,900 of 6,432

Quote:
Figured you all would get a chuckle out of this.  I unleashed a pair of Senn HD25-1-ii on a group of urban middle school 8th graders.  One of my students in that class came in while I was grabbing my 20 minutes of lunch and reading the forum.  He asked me what I was doing and I mentioned head fi and audio in general to him.  His class is very big on music (instead of doing work sadly) and I told him I would bring in a decent pair of headphones.  The class uses all kinds of very low end earbuds, with the highest end audio they had being a pair of skullcandy headphones and having heard beats owned by relatives.  You should have seen the jaws drop as I let them hear these.  I also told another student prior to this and he was so proud as he brought in his new Shure 440s.
Warping the minds of students, one class at a time.

You seem like a cool teacher. At our high school our previous retired music teacher had gotten a professional to set the EQ and gains and everything on a mixing board and be specific to our gym for presentations. The new music teacher decides it's all wrong (thus ruining our talent show, which was mediocre anyways and blowing the main fuse for the amps), mid bass hump, the highest high turned all the way down... Doesn't know a damn thing about sound reproduction and HE'S the music teacher... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back