Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Sep 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #2,642 of 6,432

Quote:
One of my friends has shown a interest in my se215's, he wants to try them out when i get them back from shure.
what do you guys think about sharing iem's? kinda turns me off a bit.

Your afraid of nothing. I used to do that all the time and never suffered from it.

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #2,643 of 6,432
One of my friends has shown a interest in my se215's, he wants to try them out when i get them back from shure.
what do you guys think about sharing iem's? kinda turns me off a bit.

I let my girlfriend use my 210s all the time, and just people in school lacking in phones at the time, nothing to worry about! Unless they have like an inner ear fungal thing ;D

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #2,647 of 6,432
I went to vacation last week and let different people try out my iPhone - CLAS - SR71A - LCD2 combo. All of them were amazed. One of them couldn't put down the LCD2 and spent 2 hours listening to the combo. 

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #2,648 of 6,432

Quote:
I went to vacation last week and let different people try out my iPhone - CLAS - SR71A - LCD2 combo. All of them were amazed. One of them couldn't put down the LCD2 and spent 2 hours listening to the combo. 

I saw your sig... and I just picked myself up off of the floor. Wooooooow that's crazy. I think you're crazy for carrying those things around
tongue.gif
. Aren't they supposed to be pretty heavy?

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #2,649 of 6,432
The CLAS and SR71A with the LCD2 are actually quite transportable, so if you carry a luggage it is quite sensible to bring the combo with you on holiday. I generally don't carry my desktop rig around, especially with the Esoteric K01 weighing close to 40 kg...

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #2,650 of 6,432
The best way to introduce hi-fi headphones to your friends is right after you all smoke weed.

I've had two of my friends both refer to the Grado SR225i as "direct music injection" lol. I let my ex girlfriend listen to them too.. her face was like a little kid's on Christmas morning.

Yeah.. the facial expressions are definitely the best. It's always just: "@_@"

Here's some good sample tracks for showing off your cans to friends:

Pendulum - Crush
Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
Linkin Park - Leave Out All The Rest
Lil Wayne - Mirror (Carter IV)
Coldplay - Paradise
Skillet - Awake And Alive
Jack Johnson - Better Together
Johnny Cash - Hurt
Evanescence - Hello
First State - Falling
Flyleaf - Again
Pearl Jam - Better Man
30 Seconds To Mars - Edge Of The Earth
Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (LIVE 1994 Pulse concert version)
Gaia - Tuvan
John Powell - Bourne Ultimatum Soundtrack
Kim Leoni - Medicine
London Music Works Orchestra - Requiem For A Tower

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #2,651 of 6,432
The best way to introduce hi-fi headphones to your friends is right after you all smoke weed.

I've had two of my friends both refer to the Grado SR225i as "direct music injection" lol. I let my ex girlfriend listen to them too.. her face was like a little kid's on Christmas morning.

I agree wholeheartedly, a buddy of mine dropped acid over the weekend and wanted to borrow my SRH840s.

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #2,652 of 6,432

Quote:
The CLAS and SR71A with the LCD2 are actually quite transportable, so if you carry a luggage it is quite sensible to bring the combo with you on holiday. I generally don't carry my desktop rig around, especially with the Esoteric K01 weighing close to 40 kg...

I tend to think that people who have this rig like to have a hybrid of a desktop setup and a portable setup as my iPod Classic, Continental, & CLAS sound like desktop quality rigs.

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #2,653 of 6,432
One of my favorite songs to just rock out to and show off to friends with. Crush is so high energy and I haven't met someone yet that doesn't just want to rock out with it between their ears.

Quote:

Here's some good sample tracks for showing off your cans to friends:

Pendulum - Crush

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #2,654 of 6,432
Not really a high end headphone but i let my friend listen to my XB500s amp'd by a cMoy, after a few second i saw no immediate reaction and by the time the song was over he was looking slightly sad. He didn't say much more than they were cool.
About a week later i saw him with beats. I asked him if he just got them figuring he liked mine so much, he said no he has had them for a few months, i asked them if he liked their sound and he responded with "i used to until i heard yours, now they kinda suck."
I now feel pretty bad for making him regret his hundred something dollar purchase

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #2,655 of 6,432

Quote:
Not really a high end headphone but i let my friend listen to my XB500s amp'd by a cMoy, after a few second i saw no immediate reaction and by the time the song was over he was looking slightly sad. He didn't say much more than they were cool.
About a week later i saw him with beats. I asked him if he just got them figuring he liked mine so much, he said no he has had them for a few months, i asked them if he liked their sound and he responded with "i used to until i heard yours, now they kinda suck."
I now feel pretty bad for making him regret his hundred something dollar purchase

That's what I call "educating" or opening people's eyes (at least trying to). Of course shouldn't be an offence of any kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back