Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Jun 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #2,266 of 6,432
The nearest F1 system for me will propably be the Berghain, and afaik it's ridiculiously hard to get in there.
frown.gif

Jun 6, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #2,269 of 6,432
Quote:
My dad didn't have a single sub in the house and still had the cops called on him. Wasn't the rattling house it was the music...period. lol. MY system was probably more of a rattler because I was knocking stuff off walls when I had it. :D

Also, as I said, the cost is just too much and not worth it, for me. As well as worrying about the room they're in...and the extra space you need...

I now live in an apartment, and plan to purchase a condo. I'll ever have nor want another speaker set up. Something decent for home use, but nothing fancy. If I want to feel the slam, I'll just book a night to spin at a club.

I've gotten so used to headphones I wouldn't want a pa system or anything like that. How is bass that makes makes you feel the slam deep in your chest balanced? Furthermore, where would all the texture go? I have no desire to reproduce the sensation of live music at my home, that is what going to concerts are for.

Smooth hifi listening is good enough for me
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #2,270 of 6,432
Quote:
How is bass that makes makes you feel the slam deep in your chest balanced?

'cuz that's the way it is in RL.  Of course, they're mostly talk electronic music doesn't use any real instruments at all so it it can sound like anything without limits of what's natural or real sounding.

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #2,271 of 6,432
Quote:
Quote:

'cuz that's the way it is in RL.  Of course, they're mostly talk electronic music doesn't use any real instruments at all so it it can sound like anything without limits of what's natural or real sounding.

Ah...EDM, now I get. That totally makes sense. Kinda agree with MorbidToaster though, might as well just book a night at a club and enjoy such wholeheartedly. Not that I would though...

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #2,272 of 6,432
Quote:
Ah...EDM, now I get. That totally makes sense. Kinda agree with MorbidToaster though, might as well just book a night at a club and enjoy such wholeheartedly. Not that I would though...

Or just any sort of large drum.  In RL, you definitely feel through your body

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #2,274 of 6,432
i got a surprising response from a friend of mine who tried my shure srh840. he told me with 100% certainty that it had TO MUCH BASS. that shocked me.

Jun 6, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #2,275 of 6,432
Quote:
i got a surprising response from a friend of mine who tried my shure srh840. he told me with 100% certainty that it had TO MUCH BASS. that shocked me.

1. Is he an audiophile? If so, does he use Ety's or AKG's (save for the dj line)

...I've always heard the 840 has a wonderfully slightly distant, but very balanced sound; what he says makes no sense. ==

Jun 6, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #2,277 of 6,432

Quote:
1. Is he an audiophile? If so, does he use Ety's or AKG's (save for the dj line)

...I've always heard the 840 has a wonderfully slightly distant, but very balanced sound; what he says makes no sense. ==

no he has skullcandy lowriders.

Jun 6, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #2,279 of 6,432

Quote:
Well my dad says he'll only buy me a FiiO E7 if I can prove to him that it actually makes a (graphical) difference to my headphones *sigh*. Doesn't he know that true audiophiles pay for a $100 portable amp to increase their MP3 player's fashion statement?

Your Dad probably thinks a 'true audiophile' prefers analog recordings on vinyl over digitally compressed and crunched up recordings. Just sayin'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back