Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
May 31, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #2,161 of 6,432

Quote:
I recently was at the Mediamarkt (Largish electronics store in Holland) and was checking out some bad IEM's, feeling very superior due to the AKG K702 hanging around my neck.
Then an employee came up and began praising the IEM's I had in my ears. He was halfway through his story when he noticed the logo on my phones, and said: "Forgot what i just said. An AKG owner would never believe it anyway. Can i try those on for a minute?". It was amazing.

rolleyes.gif

May 31, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #2,162 of 6,432
     Quote:
I recently was at the Mediamarkt (Largish electronics store in Holland) and was checking out some bad IEM's, feeling very superior due to the AKG K702 hanging around my neck.
Then an employee came up and began praising the IEM's I had in my ears. He was halfway through his story when he noticed the logo on my phones, and said: "Forgot what i just said. An AKG owner would never believe it anyway. Can i try those on for a minute?". It was amazing.

You mean after he saw your K702's he basicly admitted he was feeding you with store BS? Wow, what a humble guy. That must of felt really cool :D

May 31, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #2,163 of 6,432
Quote:
The DT880 is NOTHING like Grado.

Well, they both are pretty bright. And they both are upfront and energetic. Oh yeah, and both are kinda thin sounding.

Quote:

Very cool. I'm glad he knew what AKG was. Anyway, what were his reactions upon listening to them?

May 31, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #2,164 of 6,432
That's what I enjoy about going the store I do in Toronto since they carry high end stuff and actually know what they're talking about. Since the girl that helped me when I got my UE's, had SE530's and TF10's (probably got discounts from working there). I'm always amused when go into Best Buy or Futureshop and just look around at the headphones and earphones to see, and someone asks if I need help, or when people are looking at Beats since they're on a nice stand to try and the Sure, UE's, and Klipsch are just on a random shelf

Jun 1, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #2,166 of 6,432
nice post keepv. Surprised to hear a store employee say that, glad he took notice and recognized the superiority lol.

Jun 1, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #2,167 of 6,432
Okay, so this was about a week ago. Just popped up. I was at a futureshop in Toronto (city centre), and a guy who works there saw my background on my ipod touch (my AT-AD700s) and he said to me. "look, buddy, I would recommend you the beats because we earn so much off of it, about 50% is profit for us, but just looking at your background, there's a better place to go for headphones. Call ahead and tell them that ____ sent you."
I went there, got a great deal on a shure se215. 

(sorry, just professional courtesy: no names, just general locations)

He also asked if I believed in portable amps. I told him I was still on the fence. - so happy though. got a shure se215 to bring back to China.

Edit: Grammer and vocab check

Jun 1, 2011 at 5:43 AM Post #2,168 of 6,432
I let my mom hear my SRH940's the other day. She said "those are creepy, these don't play music they put it in my head, i dont like that, thats too much for me" lol.

Jun 1, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #2,169 of 6,432
mum thinks my ms1 looks good :) so I immediately praised how she still looks so young ha!

She liked it mainly because of its open, so she can still talk to me when im focused listening to my music however hmm. (hence saving up for dj1)

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #2,170 of 6,432

Quote:
I let my mom hear my SRH940's the other day. She said "those are creepy, these don't play music they put it in my head, i dont like that, thats too much for me" lol.

Lol, never heard a response like that before.

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #2,171 of 6,432
I always point out to my mother when she's over that even though I'm wearing my 598 or HE 500 I can still hear everything she's saying. We have a conversation for a few minutes and she gets angry if they're still on.

It really bothers me. I can understand it, but I'm still bothered by it.

Quote:
mum thinks my ms1 looks good :) so I immediately praised how she still looks so young ha!

She liked it mainly because of its open, so she can still talk to me when im focused listening to my music however hmm. (hence saving up for dj1)

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #2,172 of 6,432

Quote:
I always point out to my mother when she's over that even though I'm wearing my 598 or HE 500 I can still hear everything she's saying. We have a conversation for a few minutes and she gets angry if they're still on.

It really bothers me. I can understand it, but I'm still bothered by it.

My mom doesn't let me take my headphones to meal times anymore... otherwise she'll walk over and grab them off my head lol. But there's a difference, mine are closed and I like it that way.
L3000.gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #2,173 of 6,432
Do you wear your headphones while you eat because i find that really awkward.  Its seems impossible for me to have headphones on and eat at the same time no matter how comfortable the headphones are.  Feels really weird and unnatural to eat with headphones lol

Quote:
My mom doesn't let me take my headphones to meal times anymore... otherwise she'll walk over and grab them off my head lol. But there's a difference, mine are closed and I like it that way.
L3000.gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #2,174 of 6,432
Do you wear your headphones while you eat because i find that really awkward.  Its seems impossible for me to have headphones on and eat at the same time no matter how comfortable the headphones are.  Feels really weird and unnatural to eat with headphones lol

I have and don't feel awkward when I do, but I find myself more inclined to keep them on my leg when I eat (a precaution to ensure that sauce doesn't get on the earpads).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back