Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Apr 5, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #1,606 of 6,432

Quote:
I just have to share this recent story. I sent my girlfriend a link to a James Blake track (CMYK), she told me that she liked it. Later that day she came over, and I was listening to the same track on my SR80i's and I told her to give them a shot. You guys should have seen the look on her face, she had this huge smile and her eyes were wide open. I think she understands why I spend so much money on audio equipment. I might have convinced her to get a pair of SR60i's.

Your girlfriend gets +1 for James Blake and +1 for liking SR80is 
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #1,607 of 6,432
Usually when people hear a 'flat' headphone, they don';t drop their jaw. I really like flat sound, but to really get regular people going you usually need a 'fun' headphone.

Quote:
generally people arent that amazed when they listen to music out of my shure 840s (i know i have been giving them a bad rep but im not the majority) and i will put on a song i liek and there comments are usually "good song" then they take them off after a few minutes aggreesively to the point i don't let many people use them anymore. and gave them back to me. no one has ever said that tehy sound good. except for a friend of mine who said they sounded better then his skullcandy lowriders. .

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #1,608 of 6,432
I'm the original owner of 326, and I still love them just as much as when I first got them. They're by far my favorite (John) Grado, and yes, that means above the PS1000 and RS1.

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #1,609 of 6,432
I loaned out my 555s to my gf several weeks ago, and when I came back they they just sitting on the shelf. I figured she was not using them very much so I asked if I could get them back when I came the next week, the response: "NO! I am not done listening to them"

hahaha she does not know what she is hearing per se, but she likes it 
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #1,610 of 6,432
Quote:
I loaned out my 555s to my gf several weeks ago, and when I came back they they just sitting on the shelf. I figured she was not using them very much so I asked if I could get them back when I came the next week, the response: "NO! I am not done listening to them"

hahaha she does not know what she is hearing per se, but she likes it 
biggrin.gif

I'd consider it a loss and buy some new cans. 
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #1,611 of 6,432

Quote:
I'm the original owner of 326, and I still love them just as much as when I first got them. They're by far my favorite (John) Grado, and yes, that means above the PS1000 and RS1.

Is the 326 you mentioned spelled this way-SR326?  I ask because it sounds like an intriguing headphone from Grado Labs.

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #1,613 of 6,432
I recently went from owning SR60's and ATH-AD700's to hearing a pair of SR-007 MK2's courtesy of Woo Audio. Holy crap that was ridiculous - if the chairs weren't so uncomfortable and people hadn't been looking frustrated I'd have been there for hours.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #1,614 of 6,432
ima stay as far away from electro stats as i can......because i want them just from looking at them , after hearing about them I would have to lock My self underground to keep from spending the insane amounts of dosh for them.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #1,615 of 6,432

Quote:
ima stay as far away from electro stats as i can......because i want them just from looking at them , after hearing about them I would have to lock My self underground to keep from spending the insane amounts of dosh for them.

Loads a moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #1,616 of 6,432
Ethiopian coffee became my favorite shortly after buying a french press.  Incidentally, the person who introduced the french press to me (though I sort of knew about it before) is the same person who introduced this forum to me ...

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #1,617 of 6,432

Quote:
Ethiopian coffee became my favorite shortly after buying a french press.  Incidentally, the person who introduced the french press to me (though I sort of knew about it before) is the same person who introduced this forum to me ...

this is a random post but I have a random reply, Ethopian is also my absolute favorite, and my parents always used a french press for it, it was amazing. Incidentally, my dad was a budding audiophile and introduced it to me before I could appreciate it. I feel like you have to listen to alot of crap before you can start truly appreciating the good stuff.

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #1,619 of 6,432

Quote:
I have the SE210s and my friends wouldnt notice the difference ethier tbh. Audio Technica ATH-M50s on the other hand.. Totally different story!

Thats is so true. I bet even with the best iems on the market people wouldn't hear a difference but once you take out m50s or any headphone, that when they start hearing a difference. its stupid.

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #1,620 of 6,432
Quote:

Thats is so true. I bet even with the best iems on the market people wouldn't hear a difference but once you take out m50s or any headphone, that when they start hearing a difference. its stupid.

Hmm, well if you consider that there might be a correlation between that and their preferred musical genre(s) it all makes sense. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back