Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Feb 1, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #1,066 of 6,432
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtfU0NxQYoPfZiNVQeyC3ME.5XNG;_ylv=3?qid=20110201203514AAcb8sZ

i asked that on yahoo answers to see what people would say and people truly are sheeple. they have been tricked. they think the best headphones under $1000 are the beats pros. man i really want them to hear some hd650 or some grado ps1000.
that would show them.

oh and i thought i saw some sony mdr xb500s the other day. but it might have just been the xb300s.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #1,068 of 6,432
@Casey No Bose yet? In time I'm sure you'll get at least one. You'll also probably attract a few people of the Head-Fi persuasion.

BTW, I've been meaning to tell you how freakin' cute your avatar is. I've seen that collection of anime girls with nice cans before, and you picked by far the cutest of the bunch.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #1,069 of 6,432

Quote:
@Casey No Bose yet? In time I'm sure you'll get at least one. You'll also probably attract a few people of the Head-Fi persuasion.

BTW, I've been meaning to tell you how freakin' cute your avatar is. I've seen that collection of anime girls with nice cans before, and you picked by far the cutest of the bunch.

thanks ya i thought it was the best one myself. and ya i might buy bose one day but i have heard bad things around here. from what i understand there not bad there just over priced.

EDIT: i feel stupid. nah i will probably avoid bose for the most part unless i get them used. but you were talking about the yahoo answer thing.
oh well

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #1,070 of 6,432

Quote:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtfU0NxQYoPfZiNVQeyC3ME.5XNG;_ylv=3?qid=20110201203514AAcb8sZ

i asked that on yahoo answers to see what people would say and people truly are sheeple. they have been tricked. they think the best headphones under $1000 are the beats pros. man i really want them to hear some hd650 or some grado ps1000.
that would show them.

oh and i thought i saw some sony mdr xb500s the other day. but it might have just been the xb300s.

No offense, but you come across as a prick and a total turn off to people that actually would do research. They'll think all of us are this ignorant.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #1,071 of 6,432

Quote:
No offense, but you come across as a prick and a total turn off to people that actually would do research. They'll think all of us are this ignorant.

Evidently somebody else thinks this, too. Unless, of course, you already knew that. 
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #1,072 of 6,432
Now I am confident to let others to listen to my Ultrasone Edition 10 again, after the earpad change. By the way I just got the Beyerdynamics T5P which I can carry around and let people listen. Will keep you guys posted on the results.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #1,073 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:

Evidently somebody else thinks this, too. Unless, of course, you already knew that. 
wink.gif

Hi, I'm Kyle, nice to meet you.
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #1,074 of 6,432
Yea... I agree. Going around self proclaiming that you're an audiophile doesn't help. It might get little kids to check out your headphones though.

Quote:
Quote:

wink.gif

Quote:
Quote:

that would show them.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #1,075 of 6,432

Quote:
i asked that on yahoo answers to see what people would say and people truly are sheeple. they have been tricked. they think the best headphones under $1000 are the beats pros. 

Well, your sample group was essentially three random people on the internet taking time out of their day to answer a question on yahoo answers (one of whom suggested you tie two cups together with a piece of string 
eek.gif
).  Not exactly representative of the population at large.  Although, I'd reckon if you asked random people on the street what the best headphones under $1000 are you'd get some strange looks.  I doubt many people know that headphones costing much more than a couple hundred dollars exist.  (My mom thinks I'm daft for lusting after the LCD2).

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #1,076 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
i asked that on yahoo answers to see what people would say and people truly are sheeple. they have been tricked. they think the best headphones under $1000 are the beats pros. 

Well, your sample group was essentially three random people on the internet taking time out of their day to answer a question on yahoo answers (one of whom suggested you tie two cups together with a piece of string 
eek.gif
).  Not exactly representative of the population at large.  Although, I'd reckon if you asked random people on the street what the best headphones under $1000 are you'd get some strange looks.  I doubt many people know that headphones costing much more than a couple hundred dollars exist.  (My mom thinks I'm daft for lusting after the LCD2).

thats true. and let me have fun with those people on that site once in a while. it doesn't harm anyone.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #1,077 of 6,432
But it does. People will think less of us. We're already scoffed at for spending "so much." The last thing we want is to be thought of is more condescending than people already think we are.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #1,078 of 6,432

Quote:
But it does. People will think less of us. We're already scoffed at for spending "so much." The last thing we want is to be thought of is more condescending than people already think we are.

alright sorry i will take it easy on the sheeple.

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #1,079 of 6,432

Quote:

Not only that, but it actually makes people less likely to take us seriously when we make legitimate recommendations. We don't want to come across like we're sour grapes, or else people will just say, "Meh, they're just jealous 'cause they know Beats are the best and they got something else."

I would have been interested to see how many different responses came in before the "reveal" in the Additional Information section. Surely a few people in the know would have responded. As deadhead12 pointed out, that wasn't exactly a large sample size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back