Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Apr 19, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #1,786 of 6,432
/rant
Heh.. Today
SR80is.. somebody couldn't understand why I wasn't getting bose..
I had to tell him this way.
Suppose you have two guns, one is 300 USD and the other is 900 USD. They both have the same rate of fire, load capacity and the same purpose. Which one would you buy?
"300 dollar ones."
"My point exactly, now shut up about Bose."

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #1,787 of 6,432
I vote for more gun analogies. The car ones are starting to get old.

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #1,788 of 6,432

Ok, I have to admit that I prefer my ED10 and LCD2 to the Beats which my brother owns.
o2smile.gif
 I actually auditioned the Beats for two days without touching my ED10 / LCD2 / T5p and came to the same conclusion.  
cool.gif

Quote:
That was for emphasis. It would be just as pretentious to boast about 1000 dollar headphones, but it seems most them don't really bother to impress others. I think that we should just enjoy our equipment and music rather than go around and show how holy and divine our headphones are. I mean, if someone is actually interested in my gear, I'll happily show him/her, inform them about Head-fi, but I don't seek attention to myself, or at least try as best as I can not to. And I'm not really angry or anything, just annoyed.

Apr 19, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #1,791 of 6,432
My roommates skullcandys broke, and he's sending them in for the warranty. While he waits for for his new ones to come I'm letting him use my SR60is..... as soon as he played anything he was like "wow, these are really nice". I'm hoping that after a few weeks with the grados he'll realizes how bad the skullcandys really are when his new ones come and he has to switch back. =D

Apr 19, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #1,792 of 6,432

Quote:
My roommates skullcandys broke, and he's sending them in for the warranty. While he waits for for his new ones to come I'm letting him use my SR60is..... as soon as he played anything he was like "wow, these are really nice". I'm hoping that after a few weeks with the grados he'll realizes how bad the skullcandys really are when his new ones come and he has to switch back. =D

hahaha nice, passive aggressive conversions are the best, I tried to do the same thing with my friend, but he is too broke to afford any decent headphones

Apr 23, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #1,794 of 6,432
I let a friend listen to my Denon 2k's on my portable rig, and when I asked for them back, he ran away, refusing to give them back, and almost dropped them on the ground. After he asked me how much they cost, he decided to give them back before he almost broke them again XD. 

Apr 23, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #1,795 of 6,432
I let a friend listen to my Denon 2k's on my portable rig, and when I asked for them back, he ran away, refusing to give them back, and almost dropped them on the ground. After he asked me how much they cost, he decided to give them back before he almost broke them again XD. 

Denon's are brittle, too. I'd have 3 Stooges bopped him after that.

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #1,796 of 6,432
Took my audio gear over to my dad's place yesterday and had him really audition them. Got everything set up, opened up my media player for him and told him to listen to whatever he wanted and left him alone for about 2 hours. I came back in, he had on my DT990's in the dark with just the computer screen on, eyes closed, listening to Dark Side of The Moon. Another hour or so later he came out and simply said, "Wow." He told me he may be interested in getting something similar, so I may get to try out some near gear in the near future. 
beyersmile.png

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #1,797 of 6,432
Took my audio gear over to my dad's place yesterday and had him really audition them. Got everything set up, opened up my media player for him and told him to listen to whatever he wanted and left him alone for about 2 hours. I came back in, he had on my DT990's in the dark with just the computer screen on, eyes closed, listening to Dark Side of The Moon. Another hour or so later he came out and simply said, "Wow." He told me he may be interested in getting something similar, so I may get to try out some near gear in the near future. 
beyersmile.png

Make him buy things you want to try. :wink:

Perfect plan.

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #1,798 of 6,432

Quote:
Quote:
beyersmile.png

Make him buy things you want to try.
wink.gif

Perfect plan.

Exactly what I had in mind! Just need that budget... 
tongue.gif

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #1,799 of 6,432

Quote:
/rant
Heh.. Today
SR80is.. somebody couldn't understand why I wasn't getting bose..
I had to tell him this way.
Suppose you have two guns, one is 300 USD and the other is 900 USD. They both have the same rate of fire, load capacity and the same purpose. Which one would you buy?
"300 dollar ones."
"My point exactly, now shut up about Bose."

Suppose you have two guns.
One is 100SUD one is 200USD
the 100USD has a higher rate of fire, is more accurate, and built to last
the 200USD has a slower rate of fire, less accurate, not built to last, but has s shiny and pretty exterior.
what one do you buy?

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #1,800 of 6,432
While we're on gun analogies I think my MTPGs look a lot more like mini-balls than the turbine blades they're supposed to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back